Sunday, June 4, 2017

Secretario Ejecutivo, Week 9

Hola!

Well I’m still pretty solid on clothes and shoes, they are starting to get pretty worn especially my shoes, but I like the look of worn clothes for a Missionary rather than new stuff haha. I´ve repaired my shoes several times now, but they are still pretty solid! And in terms of my return date it will be August 7, or August 14, also if I needed to, I can return 3 weeks earlier (as if I went to the CCM for 6 weeks). So in terms of school, it won´t be a problem haha.  Here in Chihuahua we have 4 time markers that we do, at 6 months you burn a tie(super common), at 12 months you burn a shirt(common), at 18 suit pants(rare), and at a year a suit jacket(rarer). There are some missionaries who just cut their clothes up, but they are usually the lame missionaries who are afraid their neighbors will beat them with a stick if they start to burn something haha. And that´s cool that Maren and Josie will get to see Keaton in Italy, his president must be a little more used to that kind of thing due to it being more of a vacation spot. My president wouldn´t be so open to the idea if that happened here to say the least hahahaha. In terms of if I need anything, right now I´m pretty content.  I´ve been informed that it is very likely I´ve have another 11 weeks here in the offices,  That will be cool!  It turns out the mission hasn´t voted us out quite yet, like they have with the others hahaha.

Well this week was a pretty good week of work.  On Tuesday we did 24 hour divisions with the elders in our district.  I stayed in my area with E. Johnson, and we worked all day long, it was great! My current companion is one of the best secretaries, but because of his focus on his office work, we often don´t get the chance to work in the field. Well I´m the opposite, I´m a solid secretary but I´m a much better field missionary hahaha. So anyways these splits were super fun, Johnson and I contacted all of the references I received from these last 2 weeks. At about 5 it started to rain a bit, which we found it very refreshing, but it rapidly turned into a full on lightning storm, which involved heavy raining, and hail the size of marbles. We were booking it to our next appointment when luckily a stranger gave us a ride, it was great! Anyways we went with a reference that rejected us the last time we tried to go.  The guy that gave us a ride dropped us off and while we knocked he sped off. At this point in time just staying in the rain for 10 seconds soaked you, so we were banging on the door and E. Johnson was yelling.  Finally we heard someone from inside yell back at us “Get inside,” without hesitance we ran in hahaha. We ended up having a super sweet lesson with this family where we covered a bit of every point in the gospel, from the restoration to the law of chastity. It was great!

This week I was given the responsibility to make the shirt for the zone Chimex, so I spent about 3 hours Tuesday collecting ideas that every missionary in the zone wanted and then did a vote to see how the shirt should look.  Afterwards I spent the week designing the shirt.  It was no easy task to digitally draw every design that the missionaries wanted on their shirt, but in the end I was able to accomplish it, with the help of a bit of digital design and a lot of google images hahaha.  I learned all about deleting, how to print off a picture, how to erase water marks, and how to remove parts on a picture. Pretty useful tools hahaha. Oh and how to make a big picture out of parts of small pictures, really quite the useful experience hahaha.

These next few weeks should be really cool, mainly because we are going to have a lot of baptisms! Saturday we had one and it was amazing.  O

n the 17th we have 7 planned, where at least 3 are definite and the other 4 just need to come to church! It should be super sweet! I am super excited.  Right now my district is in competition with another district in my zone, this last month we both tied and our zones ended up getting more baptisms than any other zone! So this month we are trying to accomplish this feat again, and we have the resources and desire to pull it off! Especially my zone where we have 10 strong baptism dates and several possibilities, this next month should be sweet!

Well that was our week here!

Con amor,

Elder Bunch
México Chihuahua Misión

Secretario Ejecutivo 

No comments:

Post a Comment