Monday, February 19, 2018

Cuauhtemoc, Week 1

Well it sounds like everything is returning back to normal over there in Utah.  So this week it is my turn to give the news! I got hospitalized! And it was awesome! It all started on Monday night when I couldn´t sleep all night due to a cough, so the next day I talked to the Sister Montoya (president´s wife) and she prescribed me a cough medicine and some ibuprofen because I had a slight fever as well. Everything went well through the night and through Wednesday. However, Thursday morning I woke up coughing up a lot of blood, so I took my ibuprofen ate breakfast and I felt fine, so I decided to leave and work hard (worst idea ever by the way). The more we walked the more I began to look like a "Simpson" in the words of my companion, we kept going until we finally arrived at the hour of lunch, and suddenly everything just hit me and I got super tired, lost my appetite, and started to convulse a little bit. By this point everyone starts to realize I wasn´t just messing around (that´s the bad part about being known as a joke guy). Anyways the sister that was giving us food me to call Hermana Montoya, and when I called her she ironed me and told me to quickly get to the hospital. Luckily the sister that was giving us food is super cool and gave me a ride to the mission approved hospital.  I got a check-up and then a MRI, I was then diagnosed with severe Bronchitis with a fever of about 103. They then proceeded to give me a very painful shot in the butt to lower my fever, they always do that here in Mexico and it is one of the few things I will not miss back in the states. Anyways they proceeded to give me a Nebulizer for around 2 hours. After that they returned to check if I could go home only to realize that my fever was only continuing to rise. So, they pulled out all the needles and gave me an IV and I had to have several bags of fluid and drugs injected into my body. Anyways this entire process began at 3:00 and ended up finishing around 11:00 in the night when they finally sent me home with my temp now around 101. The following 3 days I had to return to do tests and for a nebulizer session, and in the end, it was a pain in the butt, but it was a cool experience to have, although I would not recommend it for the adventurous spirits out there.

Also, a big thing happened this week! I got changes! I´m off to Cuauhtemoc, it is a village outside of Chihuahua where the mission has had a lot of success due to the humbleness of the people. And besides that, the food is cheap and the members are awesome! I´m also going to be in charge of an area that was opened this cycle called Anahuac.  It has previously been closed due to a massive problem that happened with missionaries about a year ago, anyways now days the sister missionaries are over there, but I get to be the guy to help them to open it up and create a strong area. Also, it sounds like my area is super cool as well with several people ready to be baptized these next couple of weeks! In the end, it sounds like it is going to be an awesome place to work, and it may possibly be my last area. So, let´s see how this all goes!

Well I was deathly ill this entire week so that´s all I can explain at this time! It´s been a great time in Del Norte and now it is time to move on and finish strong!

con mucho amor,

-- 
Elder Bunch
México Chihuahua Misión
Del Norte




No comments:

Post a Comment