Monday, March 12, 2018

Cuauhtemoc, Week 4

Unfortunately, this week we did not get around to testing our luck and doing something dumb, because we were so busy working up miracles! From playing the piano for the Elder Valenzuela (70) to having an awesome turn out in the church this week was a week to remember.

Well I´ll start out with the first miracle.  I´m on a diet! and it´s great! Nah not really, I’ll hold off on that until I get back, however my companion is on a diet and so I eat lots of vegetables and exercise a lot. It has been nice to have a companion that doesn´t waste all his money on cereal boxes and peanut butter.  My new companion will go to the store with 300 pesos (20 bucks) and we will leave with about 20 pounds of assorted fruits and vegetables and a little bit of chicken and tuna fish. The best part is I get to cook it! I’ve made some Chinese stir fry, grilled vegetables, sandwiches, etc. In the end it has been awesome to start cooking once again.  I just got my Valentine Day package so I will soon be making crepes and pancakes from Trader joes to throw into the mix haha.

On that note... my companion! Dang from the rumors I had heard I thought this guy was going to be super hard to handle, but he is amazing! He has a gift of winning the confidence of whoever he talks to which has helped us receive so many miracles.  We went with the branch president during this week, and a little background on the branch president is he doesn´t exactly love the missionaries due to several bad experiences that have happened in the past and because he is a little difficult at times. Anyways we arrived and started to ask him how we could help him out in his calling because his dream is that this branch grows and breaks into 2.  So we talked a bit and he started to give us the simple tasks (it is what the presidents do to get us to stop bugging them), when all of a sudden we shared a scripture with him that changed his form completely.  He started to give us references of his best friends and several families that are partial members, and then he asked our permission to go on visits with us this Thursday! It was a miracle!

This week we have also started a process that is called "calling down heaven" a name given by our ward mission leader from a thing he did when he was a missionary. It basically is just a massive prayer circle in which everyone is praying for the investigators of everybody and doing it at an early hour in the morning that requires the sacrifice of  waking up at 6:00 instead of 6:30.  Anyways we agreed to do it because we didn´t want to shut down the idea of our mission leader and gosh dang it works!  All of our investigators are starting to progress amazingly.  One family can now recite the entire Book of Mormon by memory, another attends every event that the church had during the week, and the wife of a member (partial family) felt the spirit during fast and testimony meeting and decided she wants to get baptized after a year from when her spouse and children got baptized. Miracle with Miracles behind it.

Which takes me to another miracle. The piano.  I had to play 3 songs that I had never heard of before or I had heard very little, and well I had to learn the 3 in under a week! That´s not an easy process on a cheap keyboard hahaha. Anyways on the day of the event I still couldn´t play the songs all that well, and well I said a little prayer and started to play, and dang! I only made one mistake throughout the entire meeting and it was just due to not holding a note long enough which was due to not knowing the song hahaha. it was awesome! And then afterwards I had an interview with Elder Valenzuela and it was super short, but it was a great experience in the end of the interview.  It was honestly a little weird to see how normal of a person he was, he was just a regular guy a little bit ahead of me on that iron bar. It was a great experience to get to know him and help he gave our mission!

And the last miracle this Sunday we brought 11 investigators to church! we brought more to church than any other companionship in the entire mission, it is so cool when you work hard and get mega blessed, Now to keep up the work and help these 11 get baptized soon! I honestly hope I can stay in this branch until I get sent back to Utah or Arizona whichever of the two, because this branch is so close to breaking into 2 and me and my companion are the trusted ones by the lord, and the members to do it!

Well that was our week here, time to keep calling down heaven and keep receiving miracles!

con mucho amor,

-- 
Elder Bunch
México Chihuahua Misión
Cuauhtémoc

No comments:

Post a Comment