Thursday, August 25, 2016

Week Two in the MTC

Doing extremely well, the Elder spoke on a bunch of experiences from his mission, and yea I´ve been talking to Jake and Keaton over email a lot. It´s fun to hear from them and I’m glad pudge (my lizard) is doing well, as well ha ha. 

Well I head out on Monday at 2:00 in the morning, mainly because Chihuahua is one of the biggest missions in Mexico, at least my portion of it is, there are actually two parts to Chihuahua, the ciudad Juarez mission and the Chihuahua, Chihuahua mission which is mine. I´m getting way psyched for it with each day.  I don´t know how or why but Friday last week Spanish just clicked for me.  I woke up that morning and could speak it pretty dang well, definitely a miracle here, ha, ha, but now I can carry a discussion for as long as I want and when an investigator is telling me about their situation, I can instantly switch to whatever lesson that I need to talk about, it´s been amazing! Tomorrow we are having a bunch of experienced missionaries to take us around the ward around here to practice investigating with real missionaries, which we´ll be doing technically on Monday, although we don´t start doing anything until Tuesday.  I´m hoping for an American companion so they can actually help me with my spanish tenses that I don´t know well, because all my current companion can say is that he learned it because he learned it. My teacher does the same exact thing as well ha ha. 

I have also learned that it takes about 2 months to get letters to the MTC so basically it´s pointless ha, ha, luckily my mission is right on the border so it only takes about 2 weeks which is quite the big difference, so that stinks for everyone that has their mail go through Mexico city, luckily packages sent through missionary mx or dear elder arrive really quickly I´m not sure the reason but they do.  I got another package yesterday but I´m not sure what it is because the post office has been closed whenever I’ve had free time, which is a rarity in itself.

Another interesting thing here is that everyone is having their appendix explode there have already been around 10 cases in just the two weeks I’ve been here, but I guess that´s what this food does for you, unlike the provo mtc the food travels to quickly to make one gain weight. I´ve gained weight but it´s all solid muscle, because whenver I´m tired in class I do wall sits, so after 3 weeks my thighs are solid as a rock it’s the best!

Today I have to get a hair cut, so I’m not sure how that’s going to go for me, they seen to do a pretty good job on the latinos who can tell them what they want, but for the gringos we get the shaved head look, so i´m pretty excited for that ha, ha. Today we got to go to the temple as well, it could possibly be my last time for 2 years since the only temple in Chihuhaua, is in the other mission, so the odds are not high on my people going. Which is sad but I much rather have my mission than a city mission ha, ha. Whenever I mention I´m going to Chihuhahua everyone who is a native gets jealous, apparently its a super awesome mission, with lots of action, my teacher says I´ll know all the lessons by heart just by using them so much. So I’m way excited, unfortunately Chihuahua also has the most laws against preaching stuff, so I have to be super careful about tracting and all of that fun stuff. 

One of the interesting things about the latinos is that they often give people names based on how they look so my companion has been called gordo a few times, some of the sisters get called gorda, or bonita, and then most of the whites are gringos or blancos, luckily I´ve received the name of guapo (handsome), so I´m pretty happy with their little nick name system. But it´s weird how brutally honest they can be at times, nothings happened to me yet but they are pretty harsh to one another and people they don´t know well. But I guess that´s just the culture, along with the use of American swear words, they don´t even hesitate ha, ha.

I have miracles occur everyday I´m here from getting the last scoop of food, to seeing last nights prayer come into play, to speaking the language, they are literally everywhere it´s great.  The ccm is a way spiritual place especially when you can understand what they are saying, which I can barely do on a good day, but it´s coming along extremely quickly, can´t wait to get on my mission ha, ha.

Still Dancing,

Elder Bunch

miracles-22
tortillas-18





2 comments:

  1. I love this!! So glad you're doing this Jared & Jenny. Kaden is so funny. He's going to be such a great teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete