Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Out of the MTC - first day on the job - Delicias, Chihuahua

Email 1
My new P day is Monday, and just like on my first P day in the MTC I don`t have much time, my área to serve in is Delicias, Chihuahua, and I've been given a companion with a super weird accent that is a native, and I'm his last companion because he leaves the misión field in October. I look a Little goofy right now because I got a black eye from our final pillow fight, we invited the houses around us to join and it got hectic, so i ended up with a small black eye but it`s slightly noticable haha.

........3 hours later

Email 2
Well you probably heard I lost my wallet, luckily I guess that´s not too bad, because I had all my pesos somewhere else, so if my only purchase on that card is the baggage then I didn´t lose anything, However if you could send me a new card that´d be great and a new ordinance card (a laminated card that tells you how to start all the blessings, it was really helpful in the ccm). I have a wallet I can use that isn´t super slick haha, my pants pocket ripped sometime in the airport, or taxi, or somewhere, but that´s probably when I lost it. but at least I didn´t lose my visa, and my pesos, and I have a paper copy of my drivers license so I´m fine on that.

Anyways I have to go to the immigration office to get a new immigration card so I got set back 1 day, but that ended up being a blessing because we got to go on doubles with another companionship.  The Elder I went with took me to see an investigator, and when we arrived she wasn´t there but her husband was, and his friend, we bore our testimonies, and long-story short we have 2 new investigators for the chihuahua mission, it was great!

And my AP sent an email to dad with details to mail packages to the Texas Mission President of chihuahua, so apparently packages get here fairly quickly.  That´s super cool as well.  My companion is super cool, he is used to training "fresh meat" 6 weekers, so he´s happy to have someone who can understand him right off the bat.  Also, he likes to cook, so he´s going to show me his recipes, and I´m going to show him mine!  We also saw the home of the elders that took us on doubles, it was pretty cool, one of the walls had a massive map with all the ward boundaries and where to begin searching.  Who was active.  Who was a possible investigator.  Who was inactive.  They had around 40 investigators plus 2, haha. I got excited just looking at it, and then more when I realized how easy it was to get more investigators!

The people here are super nice, and even though they are mostly Catholic they are super accepting of the gospel.  Most of them don´t feel like they belong to the catholic church after you talk to them a bit.  These are things they have been telling me at least, but from what i´ve seen, it´s pretty accurate. And they all have dogs and soccerballs and all the kids run around free.

Oh and my green duffle bag suitcase is awesome! I probably could´ve fit 100 lbs easy, it expands to whatever i need it to, and the wheels are massive so it goes through the muddy ground super well. Luckily I remembered to take a photo of how everything fit before I unpacked it so my bags were 50 and 50 pounds, so I was safe, besides the 850 pesos for the second bag.
 
So far the only thing I've heard about my area is that it is very hot! and very beautiful.  That sounds like where I am now, this place is a mix of Utah and Idaho.  It has mountains and red rock like utah, but the greenery of Idaho, so it´s way cool.  All the houses stack on the mountain so they just tower over you, it´s sweet.  Even though it´s a small city, it´s super quiet.  That is kind of weird, but cool at the same time!

Well now we´ve got to head to our house.  I only was able to write more because we came back to the office to finish up my green card business

Doing awesome! Running free and full of spirit in Mexico

Elder Bunch

No comments:

Post a Comment