Monday, September 5, 2016

First Week in the Mission Field

I´m doing awesome!.  I am sad that I missed the first broken bone in awhile though, but it sounds like Henry isn´t suffering too badly and should get better soon. 

Well I have had quite the week.  First, I got the gripe (cold), heat stroke, the runs, the opposite as well, and a nasty case of food poisoning.  Of course I also have a nice sized dog bite, dang I have a desire to drop kick some of the dogs here, ha ha. 

I’ll start with Wednesday becasue Tuesday we just sat in the office so I could get all my papers.  First, we checked out our area.  We are opening it so there are no current investigators, which makes it super difficult.  We probably walked more then 10 miles just that day, it's crazy.  What is cool is all the white missionaries come back super skinny.  One I met was a waist size 41 and now is a 28, he´s a string bean ha ha. 

Wednesday I had a nasty cold (gripe) and on this day we ate some burritos, which tasted awesome.  Little did we know the hermana that made them didn´t have enough time to cook them.  She bought the meat at a local market.  That night was apparently horrible for my companions.  I somehow slept right through the commotion.  All my companions (4) were throwing up all night!  It was nice that they cleaned it all up by the time I woke fully rested, but with the worst stomachache of my life ha ha.   Easy to be said, we took the next day off to recover.  Unfortunately, Elder Morales (a friend from the ccm) went home early, so now we have a companionship of 3 with Elder Herrera our senior companion.  He´s a cool guy and we´ve been working with his progressing investigators. So far we´ve received 3 baptism commitments in just two days of working!

This leads us to Thursday and Friday.  I am combining the two days because they were the same… we walked, and walked, and walked, and preached, and walked. It was great my legs are solid steal. 

Someone before me taught my Senior - Elder Herrera the slug bug game.  Every street corner is a fight to the death with us (there are a lot of Volkswagon bugs here).   He´s awesome.  I am his last companion before he returns home, so he´s teaching me everything.  It is difficult at times to figure everything out, but at the same time super fun.  Oh yeah, I can speak Spanish, but I can´t understand the Spanish here, ha ha,  It´s weird because for everyone I´ve talked to seem to understand first and learn to speak well later.  I don´t get it, but oh well ha ha.

Saturday, we traveled back to central to work on getting my green card so I´m not illegal.  Unfortunately, it didn´t go well, we didn’t have the papers I needed.  Luckily, I didn´t lose my visa or they would´ve reported me.  Fortunately, the visa didn’t fit in my wallets so it has been safe with my pesos.  I am hiding the pesos from my companion, as far as he knows I´m broke and he needs to pay for me, it´s awesome! 

Sunday, I got heatstroke in sacrament and full on blacked out for a solid 10 seconds, it was awesome.  I was trying to be an example and not drink water on fast Sunday.  Yep, my body isn´t used to the climate yet and needless to say I can´t freaking wait for winter

Today was exposed to be our p day, but I had to go complete my green card.  This time we had all the information they needed and it went well.  Now I just have to wait for it to arrive.  They told me it would come in Mexican time, so maybe a year who knows haha.  Fortunatley, I have a paper that says I have one so it´s all good.  Unfortunately, my companion is broke so we walk everywhere now it´s great!

Well, my companion is having me sign off, 

See you next week,

Adventures of elder Bunch


p.s. I have the craziest foot fungus from not wearing sandals in the shower, it looks like thousands of mosquito bites, feels like it too ha ha ha ha. it´s clearing up though

No comments:

Post a Comment