Monday, September 12, 2016

Week 2 Delicias Chihuahua Mexico

Ha ha ha, no we are fine on money.  I should’ve explained since my church credit card was lost with my wallet, all my funds are transferred over to my companion, so technically we just share the same card.  Soon my card from the church will arrive and I`ll have my own money supply.  We receive 1700 pesos every month, about 700 goes to taxis, so we have 1000 to buy our food on to live every month.  This is more or less about 2 dollars a day.   With this allotment our meals consist of more or less bread, ham, eggs, and ramen, it’s great ha ha.  We can`t really cook anything, because we can`t afford to, but it`s alright because for lunch everyday we eat at members houses.  I`ve gotten to the point where that`s the only meal I really actually need.  For breakfast I`ll eat a ham sandwich or eggs, and for dinner a pack of ramen.  We don`t get very hungry for those two meals since we eat a big lunch. 

My apartment is pretty sweet.  It looks kind of like Harry Potter’s first room because it`s under a store staircase.  The apartment is pretty average sized so that`s nice.  I haven`t seen anything living in our apartment besides a couple mosquitos.  There are lots of dead cockroaches outside, but fortunately I haven`t seen a living one yet in our house. 

We all have our health back except Elder Greenwood.  He broke his foot and had to be made a secretary.  So now it`s just Elder Herrera and I.  It`s great we own two areas now and I wish our mission president allowed bikes, because they are massive.  I`ve lost about 10 kg because of all the walking.  It`s pretty cool actually, I`m getting to the point where the weather isn`t affecting me as much and I don`t sweat nearly as much.  The past couple nights I actually got a little cold, it was awesome! We have 4 beds to sleep in because it`s only us, however neither of us trust the top bunks to our bunk beds.  We built the bunk beds ourselves.  They are being held up with old cloths and their own weight ha ha.  We have a pretty massive kitchen considering other mission apartments and we have couches and desks. I have learned that Sister Missionaries get extremely spoiled.  Legend has it that their houses make some American houses look bad; and it`s only the two of them.  They also get tons of referrals. It`s all right though because as elders get to walk 10 miles a day at the least and stay lean.

This week wasn`t too exciting.  My zone leader likes to have meetings to plan meetings, so we can count on having one about every day.  Unfortunately we lose a lot of time during these, but we work hard to make it up.  The main problem with Delicias is everyone wants to learn the theory of baptism, but no one wants to be baptized.  They are interested in the steps towards baptism such as chastity and word of wisdom, but don’t want to commit to them.  We can walk down the street and talk to someone and they`ll be our investigator for as long as we want to teach them.  We can return to their house and they`ll let us talk, but very few will actually act.  It’s a little annoying, but I like it better when considering missionaries who can`t even get an investigator.   Just tracting all day can be extremely painful, but it`s all right as well at times.  I`ve only had one door closed to us.   The people here are awesome and the food as well. My stomach has finally gotten used to it, everything except for tortas,  My main problem with tortas is the weird sauce that makes me gag. I can finish them but it takes like 30 minutes ha ha.

I`ve decided I`m going to take a picture of myself every night of my mission for progressional reasons.  Another elder did it and it was pretty cool.  My mission president is super strict but super cool.  He sent 13 missionaries home this week because they went to suicde squad on their p day.  People can get sent home for just having a dirty house on the wrong day h aha. But otherwise he`s super cool and has a lot of love for the missionaries of his mission. I`ve met and talked with him a few times. 

We had about 20 minutes before we had to return to our house and we didn`t know what to do so my companion just said we should walk around the block to waste some time, as we walked one guy called us over and asked why we walk all day.  Apparently he sees us walking up and down the streets, and he knows that we probably walk 10 miles a day.  We started to talk to him about why we serve, he told us to stop really quickly and then told us to wait, he went inside and got all of his kids, and then had us teach them a lesson.  He was super into it and kept asking questions.  He got mad that only my companion spoke a lot, because he really liked my answers.  At first we asked him if he would like us to teach him more and he said no because he was a hard practicing his Catholic religion like his parents before him.  As we talked and bore our testimonies, by the time we finished he asked us if we could come and teach him more.  His wife isn`t too into it, but with time we think we can get to her as well, it was amazing. Cooler though is the fact that often I had no idea what I just said.  I can speak in Spanish for an hour with an investigator and recall next to nothing, at times it`s annoying like when we have to fill in our data, but in reality it`s amazing when it happens and makes me think that the gifts from God are amazing that he gives us to bless others.

Well talk to you next week,

Elder Bunch

Delicias Chihuahua

miracle count-53





tortialla count-59

No comments:

Post a Comment