Monday, September 26, 2016

Week 4, Delicias Mexico

Well this week was super super awesome!  First of all I got all the mail that was sent to the Texas guy and learned how it works.  Alright here´s how it goes when you send it.   He gets the mail about 3 days later, he then waits until he has about 10 boxes, or 20 around holidays, and letters don´t count, he just hoards them until he has all the boxes.  He then travels to Chihuahua to check up on everything, and then leaves them.  They then sit in the office until there is a meeting in a district where a package needs to be delivered.  They then load up the president’s car with the boxes or they load them up on a bus depending on who is going to the meeting.  Then they take them to the meeting where the missionary is. I received all my packages last Tuesday, about 2 weeks after most were sent.  This is a lot better than the 2 months in the Mexican mail system.  I also learned, NO Saint Mary pictures are required on them since we have the Texas guy we don´t need them.  If you send one with St. Mary pictures on it the office holds your package until the next cycle for punishment.  Luckily none of my packages had one, I think ha ha ha. Oh, one of the least fun parts of receiving the packages was that I had to walk an hour and a half with all 3... they weren´t the lightest of packages (can´t wait till october 6!), so we probably walked about 5 miles with them.   I couldn´t feel my arms for 2 days ha ha ha ha. But that was alright, the sacrifice only makes it more worth it in 2 weeks. 

Otherwise this week was pretty normal, we worked, and walked, and worked, and walked, and ate at times in between those intervals.  Oh, I had my first pizza, and burger this week, probably my favorite meals in the past 2 months ha ha.  My companion does not like the food here because everything is covered in red chile and lime, and he likes chile verde salsa which comes from where he is from, the Yucatan more or less.  I think the food is awesome! But it is super spicy at times.  However, super spicy is awesome, except when you have to walk all day with an angry stomach ha ha.  Wednesday we had cucumbers with lime juice for our food, to kinda put in reference what we eat here.

Oh and I also got to attend my first baptism here.  There is one every week but usually they are in different districts so we don´t get to attend.  Because of how many baptisms there are we don´t go to all of them because of how much time we would lose in travel.  To reach them it takes up the entire day.  Anyway, remember in my first email from my mission when I said we had 2 people committed to baptism, at least I think that was the first email.   Maybe it was in the second, anyways they attended church for 5 weeks straight (one of our baptism requirements) and were able to be baptized! Oddly enough they were quite a bit heavier than Ryder was….. That´s right I got to do the baptism, and it was 2 investigators.  Their names were José Daniel Gallegos Contreras and Angelica Guadolope Bustamantes Aparició. It was definitely a miracle that I didn´t mess up on their names or the prayers.  Super super cool experience, The coolest experience was afterwards in a baptism they have them bear their testimonies for why they did it.  And almost every time they mention the missionaries, and we were the missionaries for them.  But perhaps the best part was when I got my name put on the baptism records so no matter what, my name is on their church records super super cool ha ha ha.

Well other than have my first baptism nothing else much happened this week, besides one of the misionaries in our district finished his mission and now his companion is our companion so we are back to 3 people.  Luckily Elder Flores is a pretty cool bato “dude”, well email ya next week

Elder Bunch,
Delicias Chihuahua



Oh and that foot fungus wasn´t actually foot fungus.  It literally was about 50 mosquito bites.  1 mosquito here will bite you about 5 times if they have the chance, dumb little things…  The "fungus" started going away when I started using bug spray. My companion thanks you for packing the spray kind so we can spray our blankets

No comments:

Post a Comment