Monday, October 3, 2016

Week 5, Delicias Mexico

Unfortunately, I have yet to see any tarantulas here in Mexico.  I have seen a couple scorpions and a lot of mosquitos and flies.  That basically sums up the animal life here, except the millions of dogs and cats that roam the streets. 

Conference was super cool, except we lost connection about every 5 minutes and it was all in Spanish.  Besides that it was super cool to hear all the talks, one of the cooler parts was I could understand about 80 percent of the talks when I really focused.  Focusing was easier said than done because we were in the chapel with about 200 people and the air conditioning was broken.  Also, they had to close the windows and doors in order to make it dark enough to see the screen.  Saturday’s session was super cool; I even recognized a few of the missionaries that were singing to in the choir.

I´m pretty sure ever since we started giving blessing out during lunch everyone wants one.  We get random phone calls at night telling us to come over and give them a blessing or pray for their family.  What is great is I´ve gotten pretty good at giving them.  My companion basically just has me do all the blessings.  In fact, I don´t think he has given one since the incident in the previous email. It´s super cool, I´ve gotten to the point where I can feel if someone has faith and believes.  There are times where I have really strong impressions of what to say, and there are other times I no so much.  One of the better this week we went to a less active members house because she had been stuck in bed for 3 days and couldn´t walk.  We have hit a cold spell, and she had major arthritis in her feet and hands and couldn´t move or work.  We taught her a lesson and asked if she wanted a blessing.  She then told us about a previous time she had received a blessing and it had healed her.  She had tremendous faith in blessings and she knew this one would help her as well.  I gave her the blessing, and i could tell she had a firm faith in the God and his power.  As soon as we finished we left the room to give the husband a blessing because his foot was ran over by a car a few weeks earlier.  His foot was still bugging him at work.  I gave him a blessing as well and did not feel strong impressions and guidance like I did with his wife.  As soon as we finished his blessing the wife came walking in the room and sat down and started talking with us. It was super cool to see how she had gone from being stuck in bed to moving around and making some food.

This week I have also started to learn the gift of patience.  We have a youth volunteer follow along with us, who also lives with the missionaries.  It was our turn to have him with us.  I´m not sure what he has but he definitely has some sort of gift to peeve everyone off.  It doesn´t help when he likes one of the sisters that seems to be interested more in me.  I´m pretty sure he has made it his personal job to snap out at us.  Luckily for him, I can´t understand half of the words he uses and from the looks of other missionaries I don´t think I want to ha ha ha ha.  Anyways dealing with him has made it infinitely easier to deal with my companion and his quirks he has at times. So I guess when you hit the extreme, everything before it just seems easier. 

I´m waiting until the 6th to open all the boxes.  I´m thankful for all the birthday emails I got this week, they were super cool. It´ll be cool to work for others on my birthday, my companion has given me the option to basically have another p day.  I didn´t take it, I’ve got a feeling that it´ll be a good day for teaching.

By the way, I learned that we can´t read books besides the scriptures.  I pulled out a scripture study guide and got ironed by one of the leaders, Ha Ha, oh well, it was alright in the end. It is kind of weird, we can watch any movie recommended by BYU, but we can´t read scriptural guided books.  I have enjoy watching Johnny Lingo, and little Manhattan, and my companion likes watching Catholic romances ha ha. Just wanted to tell you so you don´t accidently send me a book.  The mission rules are a little weird, but they are there to help us.  If you every see a weird Rubik´s cube, I would be happy to have one.  It´s about all I can do when we ride the buses for 2 hours each day, and I´ve nearly mastered the 3x3 one.  I can now solve it in less than a minute

miracle count 95
tortilla count 169

Elder Bunch,
Delicias Chihuahua



p.s. I am writing a ton in my journal and although I have 4 journals it is very likely I might run out before the year is up.  Since I can´t read and movies are only for p days and early nights. So because of this, I have a ton of free time so I just write and write.  The journals have 365 pages and I average about 30 pages in a week. So once I start getting close to running out, I´ll message you.  Right now I am solid and I don’t plan on forgetting much about my journey here.

No comments:

Post a Comment