Monday, October 31, 2016

Week 9, Delicias Mexico

Don´t worry if there is one thing i learned here it is how to share with the zone, otherwise they eat it all and you don´t get anything, This week I got a package from grandma Bunch that was packed with candy.  Little did I know until my companion and I were planning on how to handle all of our investigators when all of a sudden the zone leaders burst in our room and said I got a package and laid down probably a ten pound box of candy ha ha.  They asked if they could have a little, I let them have a little, and then soon every missionary was lining up to our little room asking for candy.  In the end I just split the package evenly between the 18 of us. All the Latinos think I´m super weird because there is only 1 other missionary in Chihuahua that has shared their package before. 

Oh and on the cooking note, last week I made BBQ chicken and no bake cookies, the BBQ was super good, and the no bake was alright mainly because it was dark chocolate and I’m more of a milk chocolate kinda guy ha ha ha. But it was fun and now my companion likes to brag to all of the members and investigators that I wasn´t lying that I can cook, and now because of that I guess the members and investigators are going to buy the ingredients and I’m making the food ha ha ha. 

Halloween here today, and it is pretty plain so far, it might pick up a little more in the night and then tomorrow and Wednesday are the day of the dead festivals, apparently it´s more depressing than it is fun, and the only fun day is tonight. So that´s a little disappointing, my companion and me are planning on handing out plan of salvation booklets the next 2 days. It´s going to be fun, lately I’ve gotten really good at contacting, my companion handles the elderly, and then he has me contact the teenage girls, we´re not sure why but I have yet to be rejected by one of them, so our strategy has been working well, especially in the daytime when they can see my eyes... all attention on me ha ha ha.

This week was a little bit of a disappointment mainly because we had a super super solid investigator fall through on her baptism yesterday. Her name is Elsa and she was a reference from another member, and we had her baptism set to yesterday and she was super excited, we blessed her kids the night before and she gave us a pizza for the blessing (not really, but I like to think we trade blessings for pizza). And everything was super solid, at least we thought so, except there was one other variable we forgot to think about and that was the ex-husband. The little imp wouldn´t leave the house on Sunday and go to work and Elsa couldn´t leave him alone in the house because he was known to take all her money with him when he left. So she was stuck in her house and we were stuck in the church with no baptism and a fount full of water. No one was very happy about it, but it´s all right because we are going to get her there even if we have to use the “Mormon mafia” to take down the ex-spouse ha ha ha. 

Well that sums up the week pretty well, my companion wants to say he´s super excited for the jelly beans (I’m going to use the Harry Potter one´s on him, little does he know ha ha ha). Oh and he says he wants to live in our house when he goes to Utah State in a year ha ha ha.

See ya next week,

Elder Bunch
Delicias Chihuahua

(still can´t roll my rr hahaha)

No comments:

Post a Comment