Monday, October 10, 2016

Week 6, Delicias Mexico

Don´t worry, I actually had quite the birthday here, because 3 of the missionaries are leaving today.  They threw a big party and we all ate waffles and had a weekly planning meeting.  It was fun and they all sang me a happy birthday song.  It was a weird song about waking up, you´re not going to live very long, but cool anyways.  Then in the afternoon an investigator threw me a party as well.  We ate hamburgers and watched Johnny Lingo.  It was fun.  To finish it off they bought me a little cake.  It was a perfect day.

Otherwise, this week was pretty ordinary, lots of work and lots of walking. We did paint one of our investigators houses and that was fun.  We had 4 missionaries come help us out who love the investigators we are working with right now.  Another cool thing was that our zone had the most baptisms this month.  Our zone´s name was inscribed on the mission trophy.  Our companionship contributed 2 of the 9, which was awesome.  If our zone loses our zone leader is not a happy guy ha ha. 

Today is my last day with my current companion and my new companion is Elder Vargas.  He loves to play Fifa on the Xbox, hopefully also on the playing field as well.  You were worried my Xbox skills would not be appreciated out here.  Both of my companions have been district leaders.  They have asked me to help out with some of their leadership responsibilities.  Every Tuesday I teach an hour lesson, and often I handle the telephone calls with the other missionaries.  Depending on the circumstances, sometimes with the investigators as well. It´s fun to teach and feels a lot like back in Utah when I taught the classes on family history.  Only these lessons are on trying to help the missionaries get the spirit of missionary work and work hard. 

One cool experience we had was when we had just finished my birthday party with the investigators a dear man approached us and led us to his house.  It turns out he isn´t a member, but his father is an inactive member.   This man wanted to come join us for church on Sunday, which was way cool. That night we studied how to sign.  I have been working hard on learning the alphabet.  It is cool how fast it is coming.  The next day we talked to his family and they all agreed to come to church the next day as well.  They were super enthusiastic about it as well.  Unfortunately, on Sunday morning when we stopped by to pick them up they told us that the police were coming so they couldn´t come to church.  Of course we believed them... just kidding, we get weird excuses all the time.  So we were a little discouraged.  But this time as we were standing in the street waiting for another investigator all of a sudden 2 police cars pulled up to the house.  Apparently they had been robbed that night.  Anyways we talked to them some more later and we think we can get them to come to church and consider being baptized.  Well as long as they don’t get robbed again, ha ha ha. 

Otherwise it´s been just an average super fast week like usual ha ha.  Oh and I finally finished everything for my green card, so I´ll soon no longer be an illegal alien in Mexico.  I also received the first dear elder letter as well.

Elder Bunch
Delicias Chihuahua

miracle count;106

tortilla count; 189

No comments:

Post a Comment