Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Week 8, Delicias Mexico

The hymns on my new keyboard are going great, some of them I cannot play too well yet, but for the most part they are all pretty easy to play.  I also enjoy playing even more some of the classics like lion king, Aladdin, and frozen.  I’ve got those songs nearly memorized ha ha ha.  My companion can’t play the piano, but he is a really good guitar player. That talent doesn’t do much good now since in the mission the rules don’t allow it. 

This week was pretty average, but we got a super cool investigator.  Her name is Elsa.  We got her reference when we asked a member at lunch if they knew anyone that could use our help.  Elsa had the missionaries discussions about 3 years ago.  The missionaries stopped visiting because she didn’t plan on getting married to her boyfriend at the time.  Anyways 3 years later we came knocking on her door, and she answered the door and basically said, “excellent the missionaries are back, now I can get baptized”. Apparently she broke it off with her boyfriend about a month earlier and now she was single and wanted to be baptized.  Since she last met with the missionaries 3 years ago she has followed every commandment except the boyfriend one.  She doesn’t drink tea or coffee, which is super uncommon around here.  She told us she no longer drinks these things because of what the missionaries told her 3 years ago.  If she comes to church next Sunday she can be baptized in about 2 weeks.  She already passed the baptismal interview and now all she needs is a few more church attendances. 

Also, this week we had splits with the zone leaders to see what I’ve got as a missionary.  I’ve gotten really good recommendations from my companion and from the missionaries in our district, mainly because I actually know how to teach, and can now speak spanish to a basic fluency level ha ha.  Anyways I went on splits with him and basically it was just to see how many people we could contact because he didn’t have any appointments that day except for one.  Anyways by the end of the day we had about 30 new investigators, which with the current standards of teaching is pretty good.  Especially good because about 20 of the contacts I made during our practice ha ha ha.  It was pretty fun the first 4 hours but the following 6 hours got a little tiring ha ha ha.  But its alright because its just some more exercise.  We probably walked at least 20 kilometers that day assuming that we walked 10 hours and didn’t get to teach a single lesson.  So it was only walking for a 5 minutes talk with a good contact, or a 30 second walk and talk with someone who wasn’t interested.  I still haven’t had anyone fully blow us off yet, the people here are super awesome and are all super open to hearing a little talk about Christ and how they can get more blessings or live with they families forever.

Oh, and I got my package and learned a little more about the system of mailing boxes.  So the man in Texas has to open everyone of the packages to look through the box to see if anything is not consistent with the rule book.  Anyways I received 4 books, the cookbook, the missionary answers book, and 2 kids books.  I suppose because I received them it means they are fine to read, (so if you sent more than 4, those ones weren’t allowed).  So if you send me books and I receive them they are fine to read.  At least that is what my companion has told me.  It makes sense to me.  Oh and on that note, if you ever see 25.00 dollars missing from my account its because I tried to make something a little more adventurous in the cook book, the book is super cool, but we just don’t receive very much money, and granted I like to cook, so yep, if you see any money missing that’s why.  Tonight I’m making BBQ chicken and birds nest cookies (they don’t require an oven, which is good because we don’t have one).  We have 4 missionaries with us today, so they helped pay this time ha ha ha.  So yep if you ever want to send books, feel free, just make sure they can apply to missionaries and not just church in general, and the kids books  Frankly, I’m not sure how they passed, but I’m working on translating them into Spanish for our investigators ha ha ha. 

See ya next week,

Elder Bunch


Delicias Chihuahua

No comments:

Post a Comment