Monday, November 7, 2016

Week 10, Delicias Mexico

All right as for the Day of the Dead, it was pretty cool! A lot of people had their skull painted faces and went to parties, although I learned that it is more of a party for the youth, and pretty depressing for the adults, kinda like trick or treating ha ha ha ha. It was fun though my companion bought me tripitas and umbre, and we had a feast with the elders that came to stay with us every week; one of them being the other gringo. At the end of the feast I asked my companion where the meat was from on the cow because it was really good and I hadn´t had it before... in hindsight I think I kind of set myself up for the answer, anyways he informed me that the awesome meal we ate was intestine and udder.  My gringo buddy didn´t look to good after that, but me on the other hand wanted to go buy some more ha ha ha. 

On the cooking part, I´m doing pretty awesome! Granted a small crockpot would be cool, but the church has an awesome oven so when I need to cook something we go cook it there. As of today I have about 5 pounds of chicken marinating in the fridge in the house. I made a promise with an investigator that I would cook Chinese chicken wings, and so I am, as well as a cobbler, just because I want to make a cobbler ha ha ha. But either way, I´m pretty excited for it! But if you ever want to send some recipes feel free, grandma bunch sent a few recipes and ingredients and I´m looking super forward to making them! Mainly because there are a couple dulces. So yea, if you have some simple recipes that don´t require a bunch of expensive ingredients I would love to have them, the book you sent with the 52 weeks of food, is working out super good.  All the recipes don´t have very many ingredients and are easy to make, so it is super super easy to use.

All right onto the week! This week was super awesome, and super bad as well, the bad part was that I got super sick, nearly to the point that my companion threatened to send me to the wife of the mission president, which is basically you sit in the office for a week doing nothing.  So there was no way I was going to let him send me away from my investigators.  So instead I did a little research and got myself a strep throat drug, and now I´m doing awesome! Only problem is now my companion has the same sickness and he´s taking it worse that I did.  Today he´s doing better, although he´s upset with me as of this moment because of something I did to him in his dream last night... I´m still trying to get him to tell me what exactly what I did.  All he´s told me so far is that he returned from his mission and I was married to his sister ha ha ha ha.

All right onto the good part of the week! Hermana (sister) Elsa the investigator from last week that couldn´t come to church because of the ex husband, we went to her house yesterday to make sure she would go to church.  It was a good thing we did because she was not ready at all, her kids were running around everywhere and everything was in chaos.  So we showed up, helped her get everything ready, and eventually got her to church about an hour late.  But when we got to church, the bishop said he wanted to interview her, so of course we let him, and after the interview he told us that we could baptize her at any moment she wanted. We told her this and she immediately said she wanted to be baptized that day.  We went to the bishop after she told us this, and he kind of freaked out and got super stressed out, and told us that we needed to wait till the next Sunday so they could make programs, tell the members, and get everything ready. It was all right with us and we understood that it was better to not rush things, but Elsa was pretty upset.  But she is excited that she can be baptized next week. Almost as excited as us, who threw ourselves a little party by making hot chocolate and eating beef jerky ha ha ha. 

Also this week I got to finally see one of those giant centipedes.  It was probably about 2 feet long, it was super super cool.  My companion was freaking out because he was told if it bit you that you would die.  So he wouldn´t let me catch it, so that part was kinda sad.  At least I got a photo of it, so I’m pretty content hahaha. 

Well that was my week, so I’ll email you next week with my new updates!

Elder Bunch
Delicias Chihuahua

Miracle count 146




Tortilla count 368

No comments:

Post a Comment