Saturday, November 26, 2016

Ojinaga, Chihuahua, Week 1

Well we had changes this week! I`m off to Oji Naga (I think that is how you spell it more or less), a lot of missionaries call it the infierno (hell), because of how hot it is, but they say that in the winter it is the nicest house in the mission and that it has a Jacuzzi!  oji Naga is a small town right beneath Texas, to the point that there is a part of the town where you are now in Texas! I`m looking super forward to starting in my new area.  The only reason I`m not there in this moment is because the only bus that goes to there left at 3 and we arrived in Chihuahua at 3.  So we missed it ha ha ha. I`m half sure I`m being sent to this new area because of all my packages, because this area is the one that picks up the packages from the man in Texas.  So now I will receive my packages in less than a week when they are sent.  Oh and on that note this week 3 more packages arrived, and one of them was the package with the jelly beans!  So that was really fun for my companion and I.  I can now play 100 years and the theme to Indiana Jones near perfectly on the piano thanks to the sheet music that you sent!  The packages are always fun.  Granted I think that my zone enjoys it almost as much as I do, mainly because in the end I end up splitting my entire package.  I guess that I won`t be doing that anymore for awhile.  Our new area is 4 hours from our zone meeting place, so in reality it is super rare to see our entire zone because of how much money it costs to travel back and forth. But it`s all right because that just means i`ll be splitting my dulces (treats) with my district instead of my zone.  The best part is my new district leader was a chef before his mission and he`s going to teach me how to cook some of the more native foods from here! So although I miss my old companion a little, I`m still super super excited for what this next cycle holds for me!

Well more on what happened this past week, unfortunately we weren`t able to get Elsa baptized, since both me and my companion have changes, so now it`s up to the new missionaries in the area.  However right before we had changes we were able to baptize a boy named Joshua Capucchino.  He and his family are super cool, and were a great find and blessing. It was really a blessing for me and my companion to finish off our last week together with a baptism even if it wasn`t the person thought we were going to baptise hahaha. This week was pretty sad though because we learned that we were going to have changes, we thought it was just going to be only one of us, we learned that it was both of us... Well it was a sad moment because it`s changes like these when a lot of investigators are lost because they don`t like the new missionaries, or the new missionaries don`t have the same interest in the investigators, so that was hard on my companion and me.  It was hard on my companion because he really wanted to baptize Elsa and she asked if he could baptize her.   It was hard on me because I had 3 months in the area and zone and knew all the members and a lot of the people around us.

My new companion is named elder Mylo (more or less ha ha ha), no one really knows him because he only has been on his mission for 6 months and he has been in the same area for the entire time, kind of like me ha ha ha. But he is super super cool, granted he is a little shy, but no one stays shy with me for very long ha ha ha.  Also, living in my house with us is another companionship and one of the elders is a brand new gringo from Arizona named elder Mar. I think I’m going to have fun with him because from what I can tell he is still living in his own bubble, and if there is one thing a mission does for you, is it pops your bubble ha ha ha.  I`ll be there when the first 6 weeks get to him, especially because he was already nicknamed lava boy for all his time in the bathroom in the ccm (MTC) because of the Mexican food. He asked me if we eat a lot of chili here because chili kills his stomach... I’m still deciding on how to break it to him in reality ha ha ha. 

Well that basically sums of my week, I’ll tell you about my new area the next email, and send some pictures(my camera is in my suitcases)

Elder Bunch

Ojinaga, Chihuahua 

No comments:

Post a Comment