Sunday, December 4, 2016

Ojinaga, Chihuahua, Week 2

No Manches [way]! You already wrecked my jeep, I´ve only been out 3 months! Man did I call that before I left! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.  I´m glad to hear that my jeep still holds up against other cars well, and it still sounds like Davis High is still super dumb for car crashes.

Anyways, this week was probably one of the longest weeks of my life here in the mission. When we arrived in Ojinaga our district leader told us straight up that no one had worked in our area for 3 years. Apparently with the old president, if you got sent to Ojinaga it was because you needed to shape up, and for the most part all the missionaries did in Ojinaga was party in the Jacuzzi in the house. So now, the new president sends the missionaries to the area to help it grow that he knows will work, or so I’m told.  So to sum up this week, all we did was contact all day every day.  My companion has a watch to count the kilometers and we never sunk beneath 40 kilometers in a day! I was super sore for the first few days, especially because my new companion has an excercise program called Insanity from youtube. It is super super intense and we use it everyday from 630 to 700. It’s paid off because now I can eat even more food than I could eat before the exercise ha ha ha.

Since we didn´t have anything real cool in the week, I´ll describe Ojinaga a bit.  Ojinaga is a small town that is half in Texas and half in M exico (I have a cool picture of me in front of the dividing wall)  When I say a small town, I mean from our house walking to downtown Salt Lake. It is super big, and unfortunately our dorm mates have the only bikes.  I´m not sure why, but our dinner appointments always seem to be in the farthest part of the town possible. Well onto the climate, the days are super super hot, it is definitely called the inferno [hell] for a reason.  The nights are super super cold.  So basically it is just like a desert, which it is, so I guess that makes sense ha ha ha. The fun part about Ojinaga is that all the Americans that live in the Texas part drive here to buy their groceries because they are super cheap, along with the cars.  I don´t know why but every person here has a porsche, or a super super nice truck or jeep, or in general just a really nice car ha ha ha. Unfortunately though the food in comparison to Delicias is expensive, but it´s not too shabby because we don´t have to ride in buses everyday and lose about a third of our money to do it.  Now with walking during the days, I have all my money to spend on food, and dang it is a good life. The district leader loves cooking and I love cooking as well so we have been teaching each other recipes.  He thought it was the coolest thing when I made rice krispie treats.  Apparently the thought to combine marshmallows and rice cereal together never came to him. So we had a few fun times with that. The best part is my new companion is a cleaner, he can´t look at something dirty and not clean it, only problem is he lives in a house with 4 missionaries ha ha ha ha.

Guess I´ll describe my new companion a little then. My new companion is named Elder Merlo.  He is probably the quietest missionary I have yet seen ha ha ha. In reality, I think that is why he got put with me, because no missionary stays quiet with me for very long, whether that is a good thing or bad thing ha ha ha. Anyways, he has 6 months in the mission, and was the trainer for my companion in the CCM, because of this we enjoy talking about the stories about my old companion Elder Hernandez hahaha. Besides Elder merlo, there is Elder Marx (the new gringo), luckily he is getting used to the food, although I do enjoy calling him lava boy when he was in the bathroom for awhile.  Elder Marx is super cool but equally timid as my companion.  His companion Elder Cruz likes having me go on divisions with Elder Marx because he feels comfortable around me talking around me as well as contacting people and teaching lessons.  He´s super cool and he´s getting better each day with the language.  Finally, Elder Cruz, he is super cool and excellent in holding a conversation and teaching.  We have a fun time with each other and this often involves meddling with one another during certain items.  Such as turning off the hot water in the morning when it´s 40 or 50 degrees ha ha ha. He has 10 months in the mission and thinks it has gone by super fast as well as I. 

And you don´t need to worry, we had an awesome Thanksgiving dinner.  The only thing was that it was a day late, on the actual day of thanksgiving a member made a turkey for us, but the only problem was that we arrived a little late and it had already been eaten.  Luckily the people that ate it left plenty of egg salad and macoroni salad...it was not a good day for me ha ha ha ha. Anyways the next day we were waiting for a youth to follow along in front of the church, when suddenly a guy pulled up in his Subaru and asked if we wanted to go get something to eat. I said yes! My companion decided that we should probably should run it by eElder Cruz.  Elder Cruz was equally hesitant but I was hungry and so I convinced my companion to come get dinner with me, and this mysterious guy, who wasn´t a member. Anyways we pulled up to a house and inside was probably about 30 people and on this night we ate 2 turkeys and 3 hams and about every thanksgiving side you can imagine.  It was awesome and because of it, we now have a ton of new investigators.

Well that was my week, oh and thanks for the packages! This week the mission of 120 missionaries received 12 packages...I received 5 of those 12, My district is super excited and I´m super excited to open them up in a little bit! So many thank yous for all the gifts that I will have in about a month!

Elder Bunch



Ojinaga, Chihuahua

No comments:

Post a Comment