Sunday, December 18, 2016

Ojinaga, Chihuahua, Week 4

The crossing the border thing is all right here, a lot of missionaries like to visit Ojinaga to just go to the border.  We can`t cross all the way across the bridge, so as long as we just stand withing 100 yards of the sign we are allowed to do it.  My area used to be allowed to cross over and teach in the Texas part of Ojinaga becasue a lot of members live in that part, but an incident happened that the closed down the area temporarily.  That was in the past and now there are U.S-based missionaries in the area.  Anyway I was glad to hear that Maren locked herself out of the jeep while it was in the middle of the road with the lights on and engine running.  It brings me joy even after being here for 4 months that my 2 years with the jeep my only incident was bathing it in mud ha ha ha. This week I finished the package I am going to send, I`m only working on procuring a solid mailing method but so far I haven`t had too much luck.  I guess that we`ll have to see how it goes ha ha. And as far as talking on Christmas we are going to hopefully learn about that tomorrow, the Presidente of the branch has allowed us to use his computer, but we just don`t know how the whole Skype thing works.  I will probably just say to make a Skype profile and send me the details Monday and then I`ll contact it with the mission account that I`m given. 

This week was super cold.  We had a really hard time finding people in the streets this week, but secretly this made it really easy for us to find our investigators, because they were all in their houses.  Better yet, all the members pitied us so they came on splits with us to keep us warm with the gift of heated cars. It was great!!!  We got to visit all of our investigators and very quickly we were pulling off 6 lessons a day and many more contacts and short visits, it was great!  This week my companion and I had to give the talks in church and we had to speak for 30 minutes combined, which isn`t very hard in reality compared to when we have to teach investigators or teach the lesson in district meeting for an hour.  It was suppose to be easy, except my companion decided to go and talk first.  I didn`t think anything of this at first until he finished his talk in about 5 minutes leaving me about 25 minutes.  Luckily I just messed with the members for a little, like in my seminary graduation talk and farewell talk, and then talked about testimonies and the stories of Abinadi, and Brigham Young.  I then challenged all the members to talk to someone that isn`t a part of the church, and somehow I talked for 27 minutes ha ha.  The best part is all the members loved the talk and want to come on splits with us or want to tell us about who they are visiting and about their friends they want us to visit.

The big problem this week is that all of us smell like marijuana because of my companion... last Monday before we left to write he decided he wanted to cook some beans.  The only problem is he forgot to turn them off when we left to write for 2 hours and then to eat dinner for another 2 hours.  We returned home to having smoke pouring out of our windows.  Luckily when we opened the door there wasn`t any fire, just a very very smoky pot of charcoal.  The smoke had been roasting our clothes in its scent ha ha.  The smoke and smell was pretty bad the first day.  We all went to bed with red eyes and every day of the week whenever we enter a house the people always ask where we have been to get the smell of churro (marijuana) on us.  It is pretty fun to explain to them that it was my companions cooking ha ha ha.  I have had a fun time messing with him that I have yet to burn anything ha ha. 

Well other than that the only cool thing about this week was that I now have 4 months in the mission and we celebrated it by eating Cerviche that I made with the help of a professional chef that is our investigador in this moment, it was awesome!

Well see you next week, and if you catch me quickly email me back, i enjoy the conversations a lot!

Elder Bunch
Ojinaga, Chihuahua

miracles 167


tortillas 577

No comments:

Post a Comment