Thursday, November 17, 2016

Week 11, Delicias Mexico

It has started to get a little chilly here; all the missionaries have colds, but nothing more so we like to mess around with sniffling in the meetings with the zone leaders.  If you could find a cool electric blanket that would be super cool, my old companion gave me one, and he thought he was being kind by washing it before he gave it to me, but long story short all I have now is a towel with wires inside of it ha ha. We also have a couple heaters to keep us warm, every mission house has electricity and because of this we all have those small plug in heater things. They are kind of like the propane ones just not as hot.  We used to have the propane ones, but the missionaries were having problems with them exploding, luckily only one house got badly burned, but no missionaries hurt ha ha.  As usual cooking is going really well here, only problem is they use fire to heat their ovens. This method works well except you can`t have an exact heat setting, and you have to double the time for ever recipe in the oven.  Basically the only difference is we have to check the food more and wait a lot longer ha ha ha.  Unfortunately i still haven`t received the jelly belly bean package. I received the package from grandma bunch already, and I thought they sent the package after you, so I`m hoping I get it this week sometime. 

Otherwise this is how this week went down, since the cold weather has started coming in we have decided to go to all the areas in our zone and carol and contact while caroling.  This week we went to meoqui, it ended up being super successful and we probably got around 120 new potential investigators for the misioneras of meoqui to contact.  it was really fun to contact while all the missionaries were singing, mainly because it was really easy to talk with the people when they walked in front of you to see what`s going down ha ha

The only bad thing that really went down this week, was that our baptism fell through because of the ex husband again.  A big problem is that we now haven`t been able to enter into the house.  This is weird because the investigator is always inside of her house, so something is happening.  We are hoping to sort it out and get her back on the path to baptism again.

This is the last week of my training, so officially I am now an old missionary.  I don’t know but my next companion may be right out of the MTC.  That makes me nervous since then everything is reliant on me, particularly for the first 2 weeks while they are adjusting.  No matter what happens, I`m looking forward to it!

Elder Bunch,

Delicias Chihuahua
miracle count 152
tortilla count 395



p.s. I`m working on a package and I have little notes in there for everyone, and one for Maren in Spanish, because I recall that her Spanish is better than mine ha ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment