Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Ojinaga, Chihuahua, Week 12

Well 6 months!!! Dang that´s crazy that I´ve been out here that long, anyways tomorrow or Wednesday I´m going to withdraw about 20$ from the bank and then send that package that has a card for everyone and some of the common foods I have eaten here, There is also a container filled with cockroaches I´ve found.  I found out that the branch president looks into packages that we are sending, so I don’t think it is going to work ha ha ha ha. So expect that package, either by the end of the week or the beginning of the next week, otherwise I don´t know where it went ha ha ha. 

‪Well this week was super solid, we doubled our investigator count, which unfortunately made everyone mad because we are now getting better stats then our district leaders.  I´m pretty happy that we are finding all this work in a place where there is apparently no work left to do ha ha. It has been fun though we have continued looking for old investigators of previous missionaries and have been finding a whole bunch of them.  The other day we found one from 2014 that still remembered the missionaries and was super excited for us to begin teaching him again.  A couple of the investigators that we now have to teach just wanted to argue about about trump to us.  The branch here has started a rumor that I am the son of Trump and now every once in awhile someone starts talking to us just because they want to talk to the two white missionaries who might be related to Trump ha ha ha. We entered into a candy shop the other day and the owner asked if we were racists.  We replied no and then she began to rant about Trump ruining her life. We found this an opportunity and talked to her about the plan of salvation and how everything happens for a reason.  She was into it and now we have a new investigator ha ha ha. It goes to show that you never know which opportunity can be made into a teaching opportunity. 

‪Also this week we were looking for an investigator and we got lucky and saw her cutting wood in the back of her yard.  We went back and talked to her and offered to chop some wood.  I decided I would chop while Elder Marx would teach a lesson. So I started, the only problem was that it was a really rusty axe and the handle was just a metal tube and we were trying to cut long knotty branches.  After about 30 minutes of chopping what I thought was sweat was all the skin on my hand being rubbed off and leaving quite the mess on the axe.  I continued to cut wood for another 15 minutes until Marx noticed that my hands weren´t looking too good so he cut a few more branches while I rested and then we called it good and taught the investigator a lesson. Luckily she didn´t notice my hand and when we finished teaching it was the end of the day so we headed back to the house and washed my hand thoroughly and covered with Neosporin.  It was cool though because the next day at church everyone saw my hand and now know that we serve until we bleed.  So now we got a lot more respect from the members here and I think they will let us help them more often! Especially one of the members who likes to make fun of missionaries when their hands don´t have calluses, it was fun to see his face when he saw my hands ha ha ha ha.

‪Well that is what went down here in Ojinaga this week, the next week we get cambios (transfers) so I´ll likely be losing Elder Marx and I guess we will see who I get next!

‪See you next week,

‪Elder Bunch



‪Ojinaga, chihuahua

No comments:

Post a Comment