Monday, February 20, 2017

Ojinaga, Chihuahua, Week 13

Don´t worry I´m making sure to keep a firm record of my mission.  I now have reached 400 pages and am about a fourth of the way into my second journal.  It´s been a good 6 months! Crazy how fast it went by and they say the first 6 months are the slowest ones of the mission.  So that´ll be an interesting experience with the rest of my mission ha ha ha.  Hopefully the package I sent arrives soon.  I sent it off on Thursday, and most of the letters say Merry Christmas, so just ignore that part ha ha ha. 

Well changes came in and I´m staying in Ojinaga another cycle, but Elder Marx got the boot to Chihuahua city.  My new companion name is Elder Santiago.  Apparently he doesn´t talk that much, which I guess I should just get used to by now since the president has learned that people aren´t allowed to be shy when they are with me ha ha ha. So far the only thing I have learned about my new companion is that he has just finished his training (so I´m senor companion) and that he doesn´t talk ha ha ha, but that is how it goes here when you don´t have time in the mission, people don´t really know you. For example most of the missionaries know me mainly because I received a package every week during my first 12 weeks, and I bought a piano, and that I trained a gringo ha ha ha. As far as I know I don´t have any haters quite yet ha ha. 

Well this week was a little sad, we had a investigator who was going to be baptized this week, so Wednesday we went to his house for the interview and it was going really well and he had top notch answers for all of the questions, to the point where he passed the interview, but when we asked him about being baptized he told us that he couldn´t do it. He can´t do it because his wife has convinced him that he is the devil. His wife is a super active member in the church and all the kids are super active members in the church, the only problem is the wife makes fun of the husband whenever he tries to do anything spiritual, to the point where he is afraid to say his prayers at night because the wife will harass him. Anyway the Saturday before we wrote the baptism date down and the interview date, he accepted to all of it and was super excited. But apparently that Sunday his wife told him he can´t be baptized and they both got into a fight that almost ended in divorce.  So that was quite the predicament this week for all of us. But I’ve got a whole cycle to get it all set back up, so I guess we´ll see how it goes!

A good part of this week was that we found a few more super cool investigators. One of them is a guy named Rolando that Eduardo (husband in previous paragraph) referred to us.  He is a super cool guy that speaks English. He told us that he would never open up to us, but the other day we went to his house and he poured out his entire life story to us. It turns out that his wife and kid read the pamphlets as fast as they could get them and they have a ton of questions. Rolando has a ton of questions about the next life ever since he overdosed and saw his father who died when Rolando was 14. So Rolando is convinced he is going to hell or something and they have a daughter who got super burned as a kid who has to go into surgery every other week to expand her skin who has an interest in the next life as well. We always have some cool spiritual experiences with them and have Eduardo help teach them and bring them to the church.

Well that is how it went down here in Ojinaga, I´ll send some photos with my new companion next week!

Elder Bunch



Ojinaga, Chihuahua

No comments:

Post a Comment