Sunday, April 9, 2017

Secretario Ejecutivo, Week 2

Sounds like your area of México is quite different from my México, but the food looks about the same, lots of mangos and seafood, and especially here in Chihuahua a ton of meat. I will look forward to those future experiences in México with all of y´all.  It´ll be fun and to have the opportunity to understand when dad is trying to make fun of everyone in spanish ha ha ha. But glad to know that everyone had a fun time, this place is super cool!

This week was a solid week of learning how to do my job solo, up until now I have had a trainer named Elder Ochsenhirt (who happens to be my 4th cousin through the Warner side), and he´s been training me on how to do all the tasks and this week he basically has had me do everything solo and if I have questions he answered them.  The biggest thing that happened was that I had to help send a missionary home, it was a bit weird because he was the Assistant in the mission when I arrived. He hurt his spine really bad in one of the mountain areas and had to go home for surgery, so I spent a good portion of this week talking with global services and buying tickets so that this missionary could go home and say his goodbyes to all of his friends. When I wasn´t doing that we were moving into our new house and cleaning the old house. The new house is pretty cool but not quite as big.  The new one is a more American looking house, rather than the old one. We spent a lot of our time moving all the beds between the houses, due to the fact that we stay in the house of the mission where all the missionaries stay when they need to stay over night in Chihuahua, because of this we have about 15 bunk beds that we had to take apart and build them all again. But now all the houses look pretty good and I´m almost all the way unpacked ha ha ha.

A pretty fun part of this week though was that all the zones in the city of Chihuahua had their zone conferences with the president about how we can all improve in certain aspects, and we had the opportunity to help the president and his wife prepare the zones for the zone conference, which basically involved buying about 300 dollars of food (that´s a ton in Mexico ha ha).  It was really fun to travel to all the zones and see a bunch of my buddies from old zones and from my generation from the ccm. Another pretty cool part of the week was that we got to do a lot of baptism interviews, because Elder Ochsenhirt is still training me.  He is still the district leader so I still didn´t get to do much, but I learned that we often do the interviews for the zone leaders due to the fact that our schedule is a little more open than other missionaries. And on Thursday we had to do 2 interviews the same day, both unexpected. Pretty cool experience. And pretty soon we should have a baptism for ourselves.  There is a youth here named Carlos who wants to baptized, but only needs to be taught all the lessons, so right now we are teaching him with the goal to be baptized this next week, and at the latest the week after, It´s going to be awesome!

And that was my week here in the offices! See ya next week,

Elder Bunch
México Chihuahua Misión




Secretario Ejecutivo 

No comments:

Post a Comment