Sunday, April 9, 2017

Secretario Ejecutivo, Week 1

Hey! This week has been super crazy and today as well so I´m going to try to write super fast again, because at this moment we are moving houses (quite the exciting life here as a secretary). Anyways this week has basically been a whole bunch of learning how to do everything from putting in baptism records to going to immigration.  Apparently most missions have 4-6 secretaries, but our mission only has 2, the executive and the financial (we´re companions).  The financial secretary is busy enough, so I do the job of all those other secretaries that other missions have, and it sure does keep me on my toes ha ha. Although it is super chaotic at times, it is super cool because I get to talk to every one of the missionaries and the missionaries that I´m now closest to are the assistants to the president and the zone leaders of all the zones.  It´s really cool to hang out with all the leaders of the mission and learn from them, and to realize that they aren´t at all different than any other missionary ha ha ha. 

This week we have the leader conference where all the zone leaders come down to Chihuahua and they listen to the assistants and the president talk.  Then they go give the message to all of the missionaries in their areas. It was our job to help prepare and serve the food, and due to having a lot of free time during those 6 hours, I was able to sit in on the conference and here the messages from the sources rather than having it relayed through the zone leaders.  Even though the zone conferences are cool they are nothing compared to listening to the actual source and all the actual details that are put in place. After the leader conference almost all of the leaders stayed in our house, and everyone of them asked me how I ended up as secretary because of many reasons such as; no one had ever heard of Elder Bunch (thanks to being in Ojinaga for 5 months),  I was the least talked about of the 3 candidates to be secretary and the other 2 are zone leaders, and finally I only have 8 months in the mission, and that has never happened before either apparently. It ended up being really fun learning about all the reasons why I shouldn´t be secretary, but well here I am ha ha ha. And although it is very hard and I have to speak spanish with the authorities of Chihuahua it has been one of the best weeks of my mission ha ha ha.

And even though I´m a bit sad that I left Ojinaga after all this time, these next few cycles as secretary should be some super fun times, even if my schedule is super wacked at times.

Sorry don´t have much times again, hopefully better luck next week!

Elder Bunch



Secretario Ejecutivo

No comments:

Post a Comment