Sunday, December 10, 2017

Del Norte, Week 1

Well changes came in this week and I got changed!  The worst part is that my companion who has 4 months in that area got to stay and i got changed!  The cool part is I got made a zone leader, but I really liked that area and we had many more families to baptize! But it will be cool to see what it is like to be a zone leader.  I´ve gotten out of it so far due to my desire to train, but it looks like the leaders didn´t care this time and raised me hahaha. I have been moved to the area of Del Norte and I am the zone leader of the stake Tecnologico.  It is a massive area that doesn´t have very many missionaries, but due to this there are many people that are hidden and waiting for this message!

Well anyways this week we spent most of the week helping my companion say goodbye to all of the people which appears to have been in vain since he is staying hahaha.  However it was a fun experience to see everyone one last time and even though I didn´t say goodbye to anyone it was nice to talk and enjoy the good experiences.

This week we decided to go to an area called the Quemada.  It is a super far off area that takes about 30 minutes to arrive on bike and about 2 hours on foot.  Due to this most missionaries never went and when I say most, I mean just about everyone.  Anyways due to buying bikes we decided to see what the area had in hold, and wow it was an amazing experience.  It is a super poor colony both in money and in spirit.  Almost everyone we talked to accepted our message and invited us in their houses and fed us and gave us lots of coke! It was amazing! We found several amazing families and several people that used to attend church before they moved to this area and since the missionaries never visited they didn´t know that there was a church in Delicias. All in all, it was an amazing experience and a miracle to see how the Lord prepares his children to receive his message and prepares the missionaries to teach them as well!

On Saturday and Sunday, we had a 70 come down for the stake conference, his name was Elder Montejo, and dang I have never seen such a dynamic speaker.  He was super animated and knew how to get the attention of everyone and taught such basic principles, but with such an intense spirit! It was super cool and it was funny to see the leaders of the stake talk with such nervousness that they looked like new members haha. The Seventy was such a powerful speaker and when he finished he came and shook all of the hands of the missionaries and gave us all homework of how we can improve due to what he felt through the handshake, super awesome! I´m pretty sure he gave a general conference talk about the Holy Ghost awhile back because he told us a story that I knew and well it was a story of his life so I believe it was him who told it in conference. All about when he ignored the holy ghost and then his wife felt the same prompting and made him follow the prompting and help a widow. All in all, it was an amazing talk. Which we will get to see more of this end of week as the Elder Oaks comes to Chihuahua to talk to all the missionaries and then to all the members. It should be interesting and he is going to iron us a ton, he is the apostle over the missionary work and so when a mission needs to improve a bit he makes them improve a ton! It´s going to be great!

Well that´s all for now, my camera is still in repairs (they can´t find the part still) so I don´t have pictures yet!

Have a great week, con mucho amor,


Elder Bunch
México Chihuahua Misión
Del Norte

No comments:

Post a Comment