Sunday, January 7, 2018

Del Norte, Week 4



It was a great experience to see you all on Christmas and it is a little crazy to see how much everyone has changed! I barely recognized everyone hahaha.  It will be quite an interesting experience to see everyone in 7 months!  It is good to see that everyone is doing well, even if my internet connection was horrible this year! haha.!

Alright, well this week was pretty great! Our baptisms fell through but one is getting baptized this week, so it ended up well in the end! We also got to have several parties with the members! This week I got to go on splits with the assistants, in all honestly it is a lot more fun to do divisions/splits with the assistants as a zone leader than when I was a secretary haha. Anyways we spent almost the entire day contacting and I was in the area of the assistants with one of them and unfortunately almost all the appointments of the day fell through. But it was still a great experience in which I learned a lot that I have been applying in my area lately and helping the missionaries in the zone. Another cool moment was I got to see my mission son again, right now he is the new secretary so he was in the same house as we were, good experience! He still hasn`t changed at all haha.

Yesterday for new years day we had a massive zone activity.  We started out the day by playing a weird version of Mexican football.  In the end we finished with a massive argument as all the white guys started to explain the actual rules of football and all the Mexicans tried to explain that their football was the true football.  It was a fun experience up until that point, although I’m pretty sure I’ll be sore for the entire week (these darn games always end up in tackle haha). Afterwards we all took naps and then prepared a lunch/dinner.  Every companionship brought some food and we had a large meal! I made about 15 pounds of wings, Chinese style! They were super good although I’m pretty sure I might have gave 2 missionaries gastritis, but they tasted really good so I guess that is the sacrifice you make when you eat a lot haha. Unfortunately, the activity ended 30 minutes late and with the 2 missionaries getting sick, the event made the president of the mission a little angry and he ironed us a little bit.  It was alright though because we deserved it a little bit hahaha. That is just how it goes when you throw a super hip party for your zone!

Well that was our week!

Con mucho amor,

Elder Bunch
México Chihuahua Misión

No comments:

Post a Comment