Friday, January 26, 2018

Del Norte, Week 6

Well changes once came around again, and as expected my companion got changed! He`s going off to Cuahtemoc and I am staying here in Del Norte! My new companion is Elder Alavez.  He was my leader back in Delicias when I returned.  He`s super cool and is one of the hardest working missionaries in the mission, so it is going to be an excellent learning experience to be with him! He`s got a lot of knowledge that is going to help me a lot in the future, and his constant desire to work is going to make him an excellent companion for me!

Alright this week was a little disappointing, but full of blessings as well! This last week a member contacted us and asked if we could do a musical with her because she had always had a dream to do it.  Fortunately, she now had the perfect group of missionaries to pull it off. Anyways we had to plan it all out for this week because all the missionaries that played instruments were going to get changed out. So every day of this week we dedicated a large portion of time to preparing the stage and practicing and memorizing our songs and lines. It was pretty intense for my companion who had to learn 3 new songs on the piano within one week.  All I did was sing a solo and a couple choruses so it was pretty easy to learn. Unfortunately, due to all of that practice, we lost a large portion of time we would have otherwise dedicated to actual missionary work. However, in the end it was a great experience and when the event finally came around many of the investigators and less active members we invited ended up coming! And in the end we had a large turnout with almost over 80 people showing up many not being from our ward, and almost 20 percent being investigators! So I guess when one sacrifices lots of time for a good cause the Lords gives us a few miracles haha.

Well it has been a solid cycle, I’ve learned a lot, and it was nice to have a solid companion as well.  This was easily one of the fastest cycles I have had! But I guess that just is how it is going to be now days, every cycle goes a little bit faster! And I’m pretty sure these next few cycles now that I’m with Alavez are going to go even faster and are going to be full of blessings! The end is coming up and now is the time to give it everything! 

Well that sums up the week pretty well! 

Con mucho amor!


Elder Bunch
México Chihuahua Misión
Del Norte

No comments:

Post a Comment