Sunday, January 1, 2017

Ojinaga, Chihuahua, Week 6

Hey, it was fun talking to all of you yesterday even if you were all fuzzy blobs for most of it ha ha ha. After the call my companion´s parents didn´t answer his emails for about 2 hours, so we had to wait for them to finally look at their emails.  While we were waiting the president turned on a marathon of Xmen for his family, which apparently is one of their traditions.  So my companion and and the other elders spent our time watching wolverine origins while waiting for my companion to get his parents to answer and start his skype call. 

Today we went to the canyon to hike.  Which really ended up being cool.  It was a massive canyon with a river that ran through it.  It looked a lot like Lake Powell, except with a little more brown rock.  The hike was really cool but I kept making the President nervous because I was climbing up and down the cliffs and rolling rocks off the mountain. I thought it was pretty fun, even if all the Spanish elders were feeling a fear of heights through my antics.  Especially when I would pull off a crane pose on a overlook cliff. After being on top of the canyon we went to the bottom and skipped rocks in the river.  Apparently Mexicans don´t ever learn how to skip rocks well so I was able to show off my skills a little by skipping rocks across the entire river.  I was getting numbers above 10 on my skips.  Now all of them have videos of me skipping rocks ha ha ha. The whole hiking trip ended up being really fun because usually we just clean the house on P day and sleep.  I will usually make a desert or some food for lunch and the next week.  So although we don´t have any food to reheat for the entire week, we all got some cool photos and were able to actually do something for once. 

Anyway, this week was pretty fun, we basically just had parties everyday.  It ended up being really hard to find people in their houses, especially near the end of the week and the holiday, so we just spent our time helping members and a few more of our more committed investigators with their Christmas plans.  One of those I was talking about in the skype call was that we helped prepare a pig after they had killed it.  That basically just meant shaving the hair off and cleaning out the intestines. It was a pretty cool to check out the anatomy and to have the opportunity to see the whole process. Afterwards it made me very thankful that i can just go and buy the meat at the store, even if it is a little expensive at times ha ha. We ended helping the president of the branch a lot as well with all of the members.

We then spent about half of our week in Chihuahua for our mission Christmas party with the president.  It was a fun experience just because I got to see my old companions and my buddies from my generation in the CCM. The food wasn´t the best nor the festivities but just seeing all the missionaries that I knew was really fun.  I also learned that a lot of missionaries know of me, mainly because I enjoy writing on their packages that they send through Texas.  The missionaries in Ojinaga are responsible for looking through the packages when the President isn´t able and sometimes we tape the boxes shut. Anyways at times we will call the missionaries that they have a package and what is in it, or more often we will make fun of them, like an Elder the past week who received a pack of water bottles for his Christmas present ha ha ha. 

Saturday we spent almost the entire day in the president’s house.  The first 5 hours we just played a scripture trivia game, and then family feud, at about 1100 we finally brought out the food.  We ate until 130 in the morning, it was awesome!!! When we finally got home it was about 2:00 am in the morning and elder Marx opened his only present which was a snuggie and slippers and a camera (I sent you a picture).  We have all thoroughly made fun of him and his snuggie ha ha ha.

And then Sunday we went to church with the 10 members that came, and then lunch where we had Polsolle with chicken feet, and then we skyped.  I am learning to love Chicken feet so keep a few alive for me when I return.

And yep that sums up my week! It was awesome talking with all of you, have a great new years!

Elder Bunch



Ojinaga, Chihuahua

No comments:

Post a Comment