Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Ojinaga, Chihuahua, Week 7

Well this week we had changes, and I got them as well... I have been moved from Ojinaga 2, to Ojinaga 1, and I have been put in charge of training a missionary, and not just any missionary a gringo (which means that I will be the only one talking and training someone in a language that I´m still not top notch in ha ha ha).  My new companion´s name is Elder Marx (aka lava boy)! The president called me personally yesterday and gave me a pretty good talk that I have to fix everything that went wrong with the first half of Elder Marx´s training, like sleeping until 800 ha ha. I´m pretty excited about it, but it´s going to be quite the challenge not having someone who can speak the language.  I thought I would be safe because gringos never train other gringos, but I guess there are always exceptions in the mission ha ha ha. My old companion Merlo is still in the house, but he is now the companion to the district leader.  Unfortunately, he is the younger companion, but he got to keep his area so I´m a little jealous of that, but elder Marx has given me a 70 percent chance that he can find most of our investigators ha ha. 

Tuesday Elder Marx brought a cat home to our house because he didn´t know the rule about pets.  The cat immediately ran inside the house and pooped on the floor and then on the mop.  We took it as a sign that Elder Marx needed to clean the house.  Elder Marx then kept trying to just throw the cat out, but Elder Merlo loves cats so he would keep bringing it back telling elder Marx that he needs to find a house for the cat. A little later we also found that Elder Marx has allergies to cats and it makes his face puff up really bad (photo). All in all, it was a really fun experience for Elder Cruz and I to watch as the two of them fought it out, in the end Elder Marx won by using the mission rules and we left the cat outside when we left the house.  Thursday when we returned in the night the cat was gone. We thought it all worked out in the end, but the kid that gave Elder Marx the cat now wants it back.  So we aren´t sure how we are going to break the news to him. 

Saturday we had a new years party.  We went to an investigators house named Juaquin who cooked us a 30 pound pork leg.  It was super good and we only were able to eat about 15 pounds of it ha ha ha.  Before and after the dinner we had a dance party, I was able to show off my awesome dance abilities and then Elder Marx got some confidence and helped me out and in the end we were the hits of the night.  Now all the little girls have crushes on us and keep asking us to dance with them when we come over. They still haven´t quite learned that we can´t dance with them, so they keep grabbing our hands and then just spin.  Our investigator encourages it so we just let it slide because when we say no they all start crying.  Anyways at 1200 everyone in mexico shot off their guns and then it rained bullets for a little bit.  The police started going through the streets with their sirens telling everyone to settle down.  It was cool to see it all, and then after about an hour of waiting Juaquin took us all home.  That´s how we celebrated our new year holiday. 

The next day at church there was about 15 people again, and everyone bore their testimony and we still had 20 minutes.  Elder Cruz and I basically each gave a short talk, and after us the counselor was able to close the meeting. Because there wasn´t any people, we just had one meeting. After church we took photos with the members and said goodbye in case we had changes, and then we returned home and cleaned and packed up a little. When we got changes at 800 pm, we then all moved around and got everything ready for the next week. 

And that is how my week went! I´m pretty excited for the holidays to end though because no one is at his or her homes these weeks.  Now we can get back to work and hit it hard!

Hope you all had a great new year!

Elder Bunch

Ojinaga, Chihuahua


No comments:

Post a Comment