Saturday, May 6, 2017

Secretario Ejecutivo, Week 4

Good afternoon from the Chihuahuan dessert. This week was quite the packed week.  We started out by helping the sister missionaries move their houses after they were given one day to move everything out. Then we spent the next 2 days going to our zone and the zone that is closest to us.  We spent our time telling them why they weren´t being good missionaries in terms of their money use and working with references.  It was pretty fun, and I got to see some of my friends from the CCM. We then spent the next day doing baptism interviews for investigators of the assistants and getting them all ready for, well today.  Then on Saturday we went to the only zoo here in Chihuahua where I learned that monkeys are little devils dressed to look innocent.

I’ll begin with moving the sister missionaries.  Well on Monday the sister missionaries received a call that they had to be out of their house by Tuesday. They told us and my companion decided that he should talk to the owner first.  We had a whole bunch of problems and after talking with use became more strict on the getting the sister missionaries out and then gave us a shorter time line. So after our district meeting on Tuesday we spent the entire day moving all the items out of the sisters´ house which was difficult because no one in Chihuahua has a truck apparently haha.  Luckily we guilt tripped the house owner into helping us out with her van. We spent the next several hours going back and forth with the van and cleaning everything up. By 8:00 we finally finished everything up and went to the new house of the sister missionaries only to find that the lights didn´t work, well the electricity didn´t work. So the sister missionaries didn´t have light for that night, but we bought them a candle, so it was all good haha.  Then we fixed it the next day haha.

During Tuesday as well we decided that we were concerned with the missionaries for things they weren´t doing that they should be doing.  So we talked with our own zone Tuesday after the district meeting about how the missionaries should have been using their money so they aren´t spending the last two weeks of the month begging us for more.  Then I grilled them on how they should treat references from members and from the church website. We then spent Thursday doing the same thing with our neighboring zone (Chuviscar).  It was pretty sweet because I had a few friends, and I had my mission son (greenie) over there.  It was good to see him and to mess with him with the weeks information in his area (secretary privilege to see everyone’s mission work information).  It was a fun time and now we are planning to do the same thing with 2 other zones in Chihuahua this week!

The baptism interviews are pretty self-explanatory, and not all that rare here haha, so I’ll continue with the zoo and demon monkeys. So this Saturday, we spent our “p-day” going to a town on the outskirts of Chihuahua called Aldama, which has the only zoo in the mission. It is where I also began to see how Chihuahua has the biggest forest in all of México (this is what happens when you have spent your mission in all the dessert parts of the state). Anyways we went to the zoo with the sister missionaries, it was pretty cool and a lot like the zoo in Cancun where all the animals were pretty close to you, including the monkeys… I´ll send a picture of the monkey that stole my camera right after I took the picture.  Luckily my camera doesn´t fit through the fence haha. And that was only my first experience with monkeys at the zoo.  Fast forward a bit and I had regained my confidence with monkeys. So we were at the exhibit of the spider monkeys. And I decided I was going to take a selfie so that the monkey wouldn´t take my camera again.  So I carefully took off my glasses and moved my camera away from me. And then I leaned in to take the picture, and that is when suddenly the darn spider monkey whipped out its tail and grabbed my tie. I was laughing so hard that I didn´t have any strength to fight it.  My companion was also laughing so hard that he was on the ground. Meanwhile the sister missionaries were freaking out thinking I was going to die or something, and all the tourists were taking photos of the missionary fighting with the monkey. It was pretty great, but yep, don´t trust the monkeys especially the spider monkeys they are surprisingly strong and spit on you if you beat them in a tug of war hahaha.

And that was our week here in Chihuahua,

Con Amor,
--
Elder Bunch
México Chihuahua Misión





Secretario Ejecutivo 

No comments:

Post a Comment