Thursday, May 18, 2017

Secretario Ejecutivo, Week 5

Hola, como les Va? Well turns out that Mexicans don´t actually celebrate Cinco de Mayo in Mexico.  My companion thought I was crazy to think we were going to have a party or something, but yep turns out they only celebrate that in the states haha. Bummer… haha but anyways I ate some beans and rice and tacos to celebrate the Mexican holiday.  Quite frankly I feel like I celebrate Cinco de Mayo everyday here hahaha. Anyways I’m looking forward to the package, it´ll probably get to me in about 3 weeks, the missionaries from Ojinaga are coming down Monday, or I guess tomorrow, and they won´t be coming back for about 2-3 weeks, so I’ll receive it when they return. But I shall be awaiting my new puzzles, and whatever other gizmos may come my way haha. And it sounds like I may be returning home to quite the zoo when I get home, after coming back from the Chihuahua zoo last week, from the emails I’ve received sounds like our house may be better haha, it´s alright I think spencer is planning on making a business out of it with me. 

Anyway this week wasn´t quite as exciting as the last week was.  On the bright side getting not mugged by a monkey is quite the plus. This week we basically just said goodbye to everyone (we get changes this week, well we the secretaries no but for the other people in the zone, we are stuck here for a bit more). So we spent the district meeting with the entire zone and taking pictures and hearing the final speeches of the people who are now leaving, it was pretty cool and then we took a bunch of pictures, and then we said our goodbyes to the ones that were leaving the mission. Unfortunately one of the all-star missionaries that is leaving is in my district, so it´s going to be hard to lose him, but we still have his companion who is also pretty cool as well. I´m pretty excited about who the next people are going to be that will join in the district of Ganjas! One of the new missionaries has been a district leader for almost his mission and now he is one of the missionaries in my district, he sounds like a pretty hard worker and it should be pretty sweet to have him in my district.

Otherwise this week was pretty plain, we got another baptism in the district, which now makes us having a baptism ever week of the month of April.  We are now continuing the streak into May! Unfortunately the zone leaders don´t want us to baptize next week because they want to have a massive baptism the 20th of this month, right now the zone has about 20 or more people to baptize this day, and they are all going to be baptized in the church right next to the offices, it´s going to be an awesome experience to see it all go down.  Even better because we spent our entire P-day cleaning the fount in the church, after baptizing Carlos like 2 weeks ago, we noticed that the fount was really filthy, so we offered to clean it for the elder of my district for their baptism, so we spent all of Saturday scrubbing dirt, cockroaches, and calcium stains from the fount, and in the end… well now we have a fount that actually looks white! It was hard work but looked great for the baptism, and helped a ton with our relationship with the members!

Well not much else happened this week, I´ll keep in touch through the week to set up skype to write on Sunday!

See you all soon! Con amor,

Elder Bunch
México Chihuahua Misión
Secretario Ejecutivo 

No comments:

Post a Comment