Thursday, May 18, 2017

Secretario Ejecutivo, Week 6

Hey, Como les va!

It was awesome seeing you guys this week! Good to know that everyone is doing great and that the family farm is slowly growing hahaha. I guess I’ll see y’all again next Christmas, and with how fast time has gone here, that´ll come pretty dang quickly hahaha. Well anyways we had quite the busy week this week, I think i only had around 2 days where i actually got to wake up on time, and all the other days we were waking up at 3:30-4:30. All due to the new cycle which involved getting everything ready for the new guys, and then taking the old guys to the airport the next day, and then we got a few unexpected that happened as well.

All right on Monday the newbies got here, and we as secretaries have the privilege to help Hermana Montoya (president´s wife) cook the First Breakfast. It was pretty sweet we ended up making strawberry cheesecake French toast, It was some pretty solid stuff haha. The Breakfast is always fun because the Hermana always said that it will be their last home cook breakfast, she also told me that, so I enjoy reminding her that there are exceptions to her saying haha. On Monday there was also Changes so all my buddies were there and we had a good time talking about all the areas and where they are off to serve next. Then I had to quickly get back to offices to manage all of the final interviews for the dead missionaries with the president.  Alright fast forward to Tuesday We spent the entire morning teaching the new missionaries the rules of the mission about migration and money, we then spent the rest of the morning with our district getting to know the new members and having a district/zone meeting, it was cool and we did a few practices to learn where are weak links are and how to fix it. After the meeting we continued doing interviews for the final dead missionaries and then we helped Hermana Montoya with the final dinner.  We had Pasta with homemade Alfredo sauce and shrimp, and then on the side fancy mini pizzas, and as desert a pudding jello type thingy. It was fun and I got to learn how to make all of it! Alright now onto Wednesday, at 3:30 we left for the airport with all the ending missionaries and sent them all off and got back by 7:00, and that was when my phone went off like crazy, one sister missionary had her plane delayed which made it impossible to make the connecting flight, so I had to re-route the plane ticket plans and got her home. Then a bit later 2 elders called me on a mission phone (they stole it) and said that their plane got cancelled. So I looked into it and the airport worker who answered the phone told me that they had left the airport (probably to visit an older mission) and missed their plane. So I called them back and told them that it was out of my hands and that they had to talk to the president about what happened, so I handed the phone to president. And let´s just say he basically called them out on it all and told them he would get new tickets but would call their parents and charge them, and then he called them out on stealing a mission phone haha. It was pretty fun on my end because the 2 missionaries that had these problems weren´t the best examples of the missionaries of this mission. So it was a little bit of justice on my end hahaha.


Then I had to send Elder Morales home again, he was probably my best friend from the CCM so it was a little hard, but he wanted to go home and he promised that he would visit me in Utah and that I was going to be his first man at his wedding (he´s the one who proposed to the sister missionary in my district), he´s a pretty funny guy, and was a great missionary but he just couldn´t handle the stress of it all. The mission may be the most rewarding work in the world but it doesn´t come easy, that is for sure haha.


Well that was the week here in México, Once again awesome to see all of you guys, Have a good one,

Milagros-367
Tortillas-1242

Con Amor,

-- 
Elder Bunch
México Chihuahua Misión
Secretario Ejecutivo 




No comments:

Post a Comment