Sunday, August 20, 2017

Secretario Ejecutivo, Week 18

Hey que tal!

This week was pretty uneventful, but on the good side we got to work in our area a ton due to the new plan I put in place for the secretaries! So that was a really cool benefit of the week, otherwise though, I basically just invested this week into my second week of training the new Secretary! If all goes to plan next p-day I´ll be writing from my new area!

Well anyways this week was pretty plain like I said earlier, but in the afternoon we got to work super hard knocking on doors, all day, every day! How I´m looking at it right now is that I´m going to be leaving here next week, and so I want to try my best to leave some great investigators for elder Dustin so that he won´t have to dedicate so much time to finding new people to teach (we honestly waste so much time just trying to find people, that we could use so much better teaching). Because of this we haven´t really done anything other than work in the offices in the morning, eat, and then knock on doors and contact for the past 2 weeks. It has been great! I feel like a regular missionary again! It feels like I´m starting the mission over again though because I´ve been more or less out of action for so long that it feels so strange to spend the entire afternoon working in the field. So while we are working it brings a whole new air of excitement! I´m psyched for wherever I´m off to next! Although I´m really hoping I get sent to the jungle or the forest, I´ve got some really good friends over in those zones and quite frankly I´m getting a little tired of all these desert areas hahaha.

Well not much more happened so I´ll explain the plan I put in place for the future secretaries of the mission in order that they will have the ability to work more in their areas. Well previously me and the financial secretary were together as companions and in my line of work I finish all my work by 1:00 (that´s when the government buildings close), unfortunately my companion doesn´t have a work schedule so he often would work all afternoon (that´s when the restaurants were open to get receipts), so we ended up almost never getting the opportunity to work in our area for long periods of time. In order to fix this I came up with an experimental plan to place regular missionaries with certain characteristics with each one of the secretaries in order that both the secretaries can work in their own areas when they have free time due to having a regular companion. We put my experimental plan in place about 2 weeks ago at the end of the cycle, where normally the 2 new secretaries and the 2 old secretaries are all one companionship, we separated the both, putting the financials in one ward, and the executives in the other. And well these past 2 weeks we have seen amazing growth with the 2 companionships, the financials work all morning in their area, and we work all afternoon in our area! And because of the success, the actual plan of action is going to be put in place when I leave here in 1 week! It has been awesome to help out the future secretaries and I´m hoping it goes well!

Well that´s about all I have this week… Oh, and I burned my shirt! So that was pretty cool, I used one of my super old cotton shirts that I feel like I´ve had since I was Nate’s age (it was so tiny, I just used it to provide baptism clothes to teenagers). Great stuff!

Have a great week, don´t kill the goats or sparrow quite yet, and sounds like everyone is doing about the same, Henry still is whiny, and sounds like Charlie is a Minecraft pro! That´s pretty cool I guess hahaha.

Con mucho amor



Elder Bunch
México Chihuahua Misión
Secretario Ejecutivo 



No comments:

Post a Comment