Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Secretario Ejecutivo, Week 17

Hey que tal!


1 YEAR ON WEDNESDAY!!! 


Well your thought was half right, I´m getting transferred, but in about 2 weeks since I have to train the next secretary so he knows what to do! So in about 2 weeks I’ll be able to finally get back into the field! I´m hoping that I get to leave the city and will get sent to some small village but we shall see in a bit I guess haha. But due to this whole training process, we have been super busy and I haven´t had time to do literally anything that I used to do in my free time.   That is also why I didn´t end up writing last Monday, due to how chaotic it all ended up.  Almost the entire mission had changes whether in the area or with their companion! Only 7 companionships didn´t get changes out of 140 missionaries! Super chaotic day for someone that has to organize a large portion of it ha ha. My new companion (future secretary) name is Elder Dustin and he´s pretty cool and lives down in Provo, about 7 minutes from BYU.  He ´s going to UVU so he´s alright ha ha. Elder Mendoza is training Elder Consospo (future financial secretary) which is pretty cool because Elder Consospo is my younger brother in the mission (same trainer).  So that was super sweet! The hardest hit to our district though was that the Samoan Sister missionary Brown got changed after 3 cycles.  She was one of the hardest working sister missionaries in the mission, if not the hardest working one overall ha ha.  In her place we have a sister missionary from México who is fresh from the CCM.  She´s pretty cool and is working hard to fulfill the expectation of who she is replacing, super cool!

This week was a pretty long week on my part due to not really doing anything.  Now that I’m training I don´t have any work to do in the offices other to check every once in a while to see if everything is going well.  So basically I have just dedicated myself to studying the bible throughout the week, I got through hechos (Acts) and I’m halfway through romanos (Romans).  I’m fairly convinced that Pablo (Paul) was the most powerful Apostle of that time in terms of converting thousands and having literally no regard for his own life. Super cool guy ha ha ha.  Yep, that was basically how I spent almost every day this week when I wasn´t working in the area in the afternoon.

The coolest moment of this week and maybe my mission so far was the opportunity I had to return to Ojinaga on Wednesday… So the day before the President asked the assistants if they wanted to go to Ojinaga or if they should send Elder Bunch (due to it basically being his second home).  In the end I won out and I got to go to Ojinaga.  So on Wednesday the president passed by the house at 8 am, and little did I know, but it was just him and I in the car for the entire trip.  Ojinaga is about 3 hours from Chihuahua city.  On the way up we talked about life before and after the mission, family, friends, favorite foods, favorite books, drones, insects, etc. basically just a whole bunch of stuff! When we finally got to Ojinaga we went to the new prayer house (we went up to see if everything was good to open the prayer house).  it was super cool and I got to see a few members and the branch president again! It was awesome! Before we went home President asked the branch president where there was a good place to get some tacos because he had a strong desire to eat tacos.  Unfortunately, all the good taco places were closed so we settled on a steak restaurant and we had grilled cabrito, it was super good! On the way home President asked me to take him to the famous Pei Wei canyon that is up in Ojinaga because this would be the only time he would be able to take the curvy scenic route that leads to the canyon (due to his wife´s bad car sickness).  When we got to the canyon we took a few pictures and then he began to try and through a rock to see if it could reach the water down below…it didn't. I tried as well and couldn't even get close, so I started pushing massive boulders down, and after a bit of trying we left without success ha ha ha (turns out I also gave president nightmares where I slipped after throwing a boulder and fell into the canyon ha h aha).  On the way home he shared an instruction that only the new mission presidents receive in order to start their missions well. Afterwards he asked me how we could do better in the mission and we focused a lot on how the new Secretaries can be better, and be more missionaries than secretaries. It was a super cool experience, and felt a bit like a 10 hour interview with president haha, great day!


Well that was my week!


Hopefully Maren´s muteness has healed ha ha ha


p.s. Here´s a few photos of my week, and so you get to know who my mission president is a little more!

Con amor,

Elder Bunch
México Chihuahua Misión





Secretario Ejecutivo 

No comments:

Post a Comment