Monday, March 6, 2017

Ojinaga, Chihuahua, Week 15

This week we have started to realize the strength that is required to work in the infierno (hell) of the mission, it got really hot this week and me and Elder Fastabend have started to get some pretty nice tans! I`ve convinced my district that I`m now more Mexican than they are, mainly because my Chihuahua accent is better than theirs (thanks to learning Spanish here). On a better note I got my package this week, and dang that little speaker is pretty loud, now the entire neighborhood knows when the missionaries are playing basketball ha ha ha. I also finally got all my Christmas letters that were sent through the Mexican post.  It is crazy how slow the post is here in Mexico, but cool that I got a letter from the bishop and counselors from the Farmington ward.  I also finally got my 2$ from the Warner Christmas auction!! Now I have another sweet scripture bookmark hahaha.

Well this week we had a meeting in Chihuahua.  I guess actually two because I`m in Chihuahua right now for a meeting. Anyways it was a meeting to improve our ability to bring people to the church on Sundays because here in Chihuahua the goal is to bring 12 investigators to the church every Sunday and although a high number it`s not particularly hard.  It does require a bit of effort, and a lot of convincing.  I`m trying to convince my companion to exercise so we can physically lift our investigators to bring them to church.  He`s still deciding if getting out of bed early is worth it ha ha ha. Today I had a interview with the President (we have one every 6 weeks) and we talked a bit and I was bragging how I was the king of Ojinaga now that I have been here longer than all other missionaries.  Then the president told me that I am going to have cambios (be transferred), due to the fact that I have hit the maximum time I should spend in an area.  I`m not too upset because Ojinaga is not the place to be in the summer, but I`ll miss getting my packages within the week they are sent. So these next 4 weeks will be most likely my last weeks in ojinaga. 

This week I had a pretty cool experience on getting prayers answered.  We have another investigator that has problems with his wife, which is impeding him from baptism (crazy how common the problem is). Anyways I decided to exercise a bit of faith and said a prayer and asked that the first thing I opened after my prayer be an answer to my problem. Then as soon as I finished my prayer I opened the Thomas S. Monson spiritual thoughts for the day book and the message for the day was all about solving problems in the house with relationships! Super cool stuff, getting answers like that!

Well that`s how the week went here.  I’ll keep you updated on just how much sunscreen it takes to save you in Ojinaga, because I still haven`t found the sufficient amount ha ha ha,

See ya next week

Elder Bunch
Ojinaga, Chihuahua

Miracles-290
tortillas-972

No comments:

Post a Comment