Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Ojinaga, Chihuahua, Week 18

Basically if I don´t email within a week then you can start worrying because especially while I´m here in Ojinaga, at times we don´t if we are going to be anywhere near a server or if we are in Chihuahua.  We always get a chance by Tuesday or Wednesday, if not on Monday,  This may happen again next week because I will probably have changes (transfers) and if I have these who knows if I´ll have time.  Especially if i get called to a far off area. At least for now the Mission President and his wife know who Elder Bunch is now more than before ha ha ha. 

Anyway the family search activity went well and now the members have a firmer grasp on it.  Unfortunately we didn´t get any random people showing up, but we answered a ton of questions that the members had about their family trees.  We got them all started on genealogy and because of that we gained a good amount of trust from the members.  Now they have asked us to come to their houses to help them out with their families, kinda like my old calling in the church, ha ha.  The members really liked the banner that we made for the activity and asked to keep it so that they can use it in the future with events like this or they can use the blank side and make their own event. 

Anyway this week was pretty normal we basically left all of our none progressing investigators and now are focusing on our best and more prepared investigators and contacting a ton. This turned out to be a really good decision for us because one of the investigators we chose to stay with was having marriage problems and so we taught him basic marriage relations and now the the husband has decided he doesn´t want a divorce and the wife is going to stay in mexico with the husband.  This increased the family we were teaching from 3 members to now 6 with the wife and the two kids that stay with her!  Two of those kids came with us to the church Sunday which made the entire ward happy because usually they only have a primary of 2 kids that are a little older, so we doubled the primary with our investigators!!  The primary president was very thankful to us ha ha ha. 

The other big thing that happened was that my companion erased all of my photos. Lately we have been messing with my camera because over that past 2 weeks we have found about 100 new functions that it has that I had never bothered to try out. Anyways my camera is in English so he was messing around and accidently hit the delete all button and deleted 1300 photos from my camera and about 100 videos. Neither one of us was very happy that night.  Luckily there is a photo shop near us so we quickly ran over there and he said he could recover all the photos, so we left it there for about 2 days due to the amount of photos deleted.  Luckily I got most of them back, but I did lose all of my videos.  Wierd thing is I never really cared through the entire process.  I think my companion was more distraught than I was hahaha.  In the end I´m glad I didn´t lose 8 months of the first third of my mission hahaha. 

Well that basically is how my week went here in Ojinaga, getting very tan with the weather, but having a blast with all the free water and car rides ha ha ha

See y´all next week!

Elder Bunch

Ojinaga, Chihuahua


No comments:

Post a Comment