Sunday, October 1, 2017

La Junta Mexico, Week 5

This has been a pretty solid week.  We got some great invesigators, found a lot of new people who are interested in the message, I taught my comparion how to pin insects, we found a lot of sick grasshoppers and a massive praying mantis, we bought two live chickens, and we ate them today, it was awesome!

Well in terms of mission work we´ve basically been given the name of the masters of the drunks.  We have convinced several previous drunks to accept to be baptized (that part isn´t all that hard hahaha) and then we´ve helped several to come to church and now all of them arrive solo and are improving a ton.  The best part is that all of them know one another (it´s a small village haha) so they often help one another to improve.  This week I also learned that I have about 6 weeks here in La Junta, therefore 1 cycle.  This has probably been the fastest cycle of my mission and the most fun I’ve had in a long time due to my companion and how much success we´ve had here! We talk with everyone and by the end of the contacts it seems like the night has already begun and we have to be back in the house.  It worries me a bit because before I know it I’ll be back home and I´m still not ready for all that hahaha. But until then, I´m going to enjoy my Mexican lifestyle!

On the note of living the fun life, well my companion apparently has been super depressed recently and I didn´t notice it until I asked him what was happening and he explained a whole lot of items that made me decide to never be a psychologist.  In the end it was basically that the mission was boring him a little and that everything was the same always. So I made a plan and sought for a little guidance from revelation and boom, I had it! We started doing things that no one in the mission does, not because they are against the rules, but because it is just a bit weird. So I taught my companion how to do an insect collection and he loved it! He was a natural! Now we contact super fast so we can see all the insects that may be awaiting us. The other part we did was that we bought a couple chickens (this was something I was a little against but my companion really wanted to do it so we did it) so we spent this week contacting every house that had chickens and we then asked for the price of the chickens and in the end we bought the fattest and cheapest ones that were in good balance! And well in the end of the story, I learned how to clean a chicken (it is surprisingly easy to do it, maybe I´ll practice a bit when I get back hahahaha) so now I know how to skin and clean a goat, chicken, and fish.  In the end they are all basically the same, and taste so much better than the store meat hahaha.  Now my companion has been improving a lot and we´re planning our next wacky plans now all we need is for the new month to come so the monthly money arrives, it´s going to be great!

Well that´s the weekly update here, another great week! Conference is going to be awesome! 3rd one in the mish! That´s crazy!

Con mucho amor,

-- 
Elder Bunch
México Chihuahua Misión
La Junta 





No comments:

Post a Comment