Monday, October 30, 2017

Delicias Mexico Part 2, week 1

Well this week we had changes! And well, it ended up with good things and bad things. I`ll begin with the bad news, first as customs say. Well I ended up having changes and I was taken out of the Junta.  Also, I have a new companion in my new area. The worst part of it all was that we won`t get to baptize 3 families that we had set for the month of November that had finally started to come to church and even have special callings in the branch because they are so cool! And well that is the bad news... The good news is pretty sick! My new area is in Delicias and is the exact area in which I began the mission (panamerico)! So I will get the chance to help my first convert to complete his mission papers and if his calling arrives early I`ll get to see him leave as well! I`ve also learned that another convert I had there recently returned back after studying in the states for a while so iIll get to see her as well! It`s going to be awesome! Another cool part is that my companion, Elder Merino, was moved to another area in the same ward as me! So we basically see each other every day whether it will be for food or for missionary tasks.  That is going to be pretty cool as well! My new companion is named Elder Lopez and he is from one of the areas in the Dominican Republic that I visited when I lived over there for HEFY,  I`m going to try to be best buds with him so I have a place to stay if I visit the Dominican Republic hahaha. It should be a pretty cool cycle and if all goes well we should find a lot of success! Oh and Delicias is super hot right now compared to my old area so that should be interesting to adjust to haha.

Well in terms of my last week in the Junta we basically just prepared all of our investigators in the chance that we were to leave.  We did a whole bunch of service with a weed whacker (amazing tool by the way).  We probably spent about 60 percent of our time in the day just cutting weeds of investigators and members. We gained a lot of trust and had some amazing lessons because of it. I ended up using the 2 boxes of caramel apples and popcorn balls that I received to have 2 amazing family home evenings. Especially the popcorn balls we went with a super cool family that just wouldn`t go to church and we had a sick family home evening with them all about Lehi`s dream and the fantastic white fruit (popcorn balls).  The children loved it and understood more why we desired that they go to church.  In the end they came to church! Afterwards they asked when they could be baptized, super cool! I don`t remember who sent those boxes, but thanks! They worked magic with these investigators and a young less active girl and all her friends as we taught them about the parable of the seed that grows in the heart (like an apple tree), super cool lessons! The secret to reaching the hearts of people is through the stomach, especially when they are young haha. 

Another super cool experience that we had this week was the opportunity to eat half a kilo of ribeye steak! My zone leader, Elder Loftus, leaves this week so we partied a bit. We went to a place in which we previously only ate pizza, until a member told us some of the best steaks in Chihuahua are served there.  So we tried it out, and dang it was probably the best steaks I’ve eaten in my mission. Super super good, only problem was that you have to save money all week to afford one... But it was worth it! And it was a great send-off for the missionary, he is a cool guy and we are going to meet up to play lacrosse after the mission (he`s going to play for Weber).

Super good week here in the mission, and these next few months should be great as well! 

Con amor del infierno de Chihuahua,

-- 
Elder Bunch
México Chihuahua Misión

La Junta 





No comments:

Post a Comment