Monday, November 6, 2017

Delicias Mexico Part 2, week 2

This week has been super cool. I got to return to my first area and now being able to speak Spanish, I got to talk to a lot of cool members and investigators that I knew back in my old days.  We had a day that missionaries often dream about.  We had a super cool Halloween party complete with physical injuries, and I’ve got the coolest blackest companion in the mission! Not many weeks better than the one I just had.

Well on Monday I had my changes and got my new companion named Elder Lopez.  He´s from the Dominican Republic and he now has 3 months in the mission (when he has one year, I’ll be back home, that´s crazy!). He´s a super cool missionary and has an amazingly powerful talent to bring the spirit.  The only problem is he knows a lot about the scriptures and at times tries to teach for his own ability.  Then we end up with 2 hour lessons with investigators and we are all sleeping in the end hahaha. He´s super sick and with a bit of help is going to be an amazing companion these next 6 weeks!
On Wednesday we had a day that went like a dream. All the appointments were in their houses and all of them accepted us and accepted baptism dates.  We achieved every goal we put out there, almost doubling it.  In the end of the day we found a family of 5 that accepted the message and did all the homework we gave them! We also had another investigator that when we passed by again she had read half the book of Mormon (she only had it for 3 days).  She accepted to be baptized this following in month in November.  She only needs a few more lessons and church assistance. This area is amazing, and this zone as well. This zone has had the most baptisms the last 4 months due to this area being ready for the scythe, the field is white and ready to harvest here in Delicias!
Today we had a super cool Halloween party.  Me and my companion went as Harry Potter characters, I went as Ron and my companion as Doyle in the last harry potter movie (he was black in the last one, still confused how that works). I ended up painting my face due to peer pressure and I think I’m going to have eye shadow for the next week! But in the end the party was super fun and we did a bunch of activities that the Hermana Brown (the Samoan sister missionary that was with me in the offices) made for us.  We ate pies made of cream and beans, played ¨beer pong¨ with horrible mixed beverages, and almost killed a missionary with a runaway piñata stick (don´t ever fill a piñata with flour, it´s all fun and games until someone loses grip of the stick and it goes flying into another missionary haha), and our pumpkin won second place in the pumpkin competition.  It would´ve won first but the sister missionaries always win by default haha. it was a super fun Monday and a great Halloween here in Mexico!
My camera isn´t functioning to well here so I’ll get the photos off next week!
con mucho amor,
-- 
Elder Bunch


México Chihuahua Misión
Panamericano

No comments:

Post a Comment