Thursday, October 12, 2017

La Junta Mexico, Week 6

Hey well, I guess I´m 20 now, that´s pretty weird, but can´t lie I barely noticed that it was October. The odds are my birthday party will be a day full of work, but in the end those are some of the best days I have here! Anyways, this week it seems like Satan was trying his hardest to make sure I didn´t make it to 20 years or my companion who will be 20 on the 12th of this month.

Alright, it all started on Monday, we had just bought our third tank of gas after 3 weeks (the tanks usually last a month for each fill), so we knew that something was up.  We were almost sure that there was a gas leak but the only problem was that we didn´t know where it was. So as we connected the new tank my companion was working on turning on the boiler so we could bathe in hot water.  Meanwhile, I went in the house and the entire house smelled like gas (we didn´t notice it until afterward due to the fact we were living with this smell for the last 3 weeks), Anyway, I went to put on my tie and felt a bit of pressure on my leg, and as I looked to see what it was I saw a tiny crack in the wall that a ton of gas was leaking from. We called the house owners and it turned out that the previous house renters decided that instead of putting a cap on the gas line they would use wall putty to block it up so that they could make their wall look better (they built the wall in front of the open gas line). So, in the end, the owner fixed it and was very surprised that nothing happened due to this gas line being in our bedroom.  The worst part is that my companion can´t sleep with the door open so he would close the door each night as the gas seeped in. Here´s where the miracle came in, in our room, we have a window that is broken and every night my companion would try to close it and due to the window being broken it wouldn´t close.  Every time my companion would fix it again, it would break again not allowing him to close it.  In the end, this saved us from ending up like the elders in China where it didn´t up quite as well...So that was a super cool experience, and an experience to be learned from as well hahaha. 

However, the best part of this week was by far the conference! That was probably one of the best conferences I can remember! The entire Saturday morning session was getting on the youth about what they are doing is unacceptable, and they did the same with families. One of the best lines from that session goes something like this (translation from Spanish version), Salvation is a personal matter, and Exaltation is a Family matter. We can try to be best alone but that is only going to gain us our own Salvation and the highest you can go with that is to be a ministering angel, but if you want to gain Exaltation that is a family matter, the family must progress together if one member is lacking all will be held accountable.  A super awesome talk by Elder Oakes I believe talked about how we are lacking in our obedience to the Family Proclamation, or worse that many support those who don´t guard it. And awesome talk about how we are a people that will be peculiar to the world, but a people that have found a peculiar happiness! I would recommend watching the talks of Bonnie L. Carlson and Dallen H. Oakes, don´t know why but I really like those talks hahaha

Have an excellent week!

Con mucho amor!

Elder Bunch
México Chihuahua Misión

La Junta 

No comments:

Post a Comment