Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Secretario Ejecutivo, Week 14

Quetal! ¿Como estas?

That was pretty unexpected to hear about the business, but cool as well! I don´t really understand half of what his inventions do (you can find the patents under his name online pretty easily) but it looks fairly interesting hahaha.  Hopefully they are better than the dog food launcher, although that was the coolest science project at the fair that year, a lot better than all the vinegar and baking soda volcanoes hahaha.  It sounds like the 4th of July went alright hahaha, next year I´ll miss it by a month, but who knows my end date is really wacky so maybe I´ll be back before/on the 24th, that´d be cool! Hopefully there is a better air/fountain fireworks ratio going on though, maybe a few of those lady bugs haha.  It sounds like another fun goat adventure, and good to hear you didn´t bring the lice goat home, otherwise you would be shaving all the dogs and any other furred animals, that´d be a fun experience haha.  The Hyrum lake experience sounds awesome! Keaton is trying to get another lake Powell adventure when we all get back, it´ll be sweet to have an opportunity to swim after 2 years, that´s one of the weirdest parts of the mission, but now I´m getting used to it….took long enough haha.

Well we didn´t really do anything for the 4th here.  We woke up at 3:30 in the morning to take someone to the airport, so I guess that was kind of like a celebration hahaha.  Our big party was on Monday, Elder Vargas (my trainer) and Elder White had their last day in the mission.   We all went to a chicken wing buffet in a massive restaurant mall thingy, it was awesome! We probably spent about 3 hours eating there and talking about all the areas they were in! We were there so long because they would bring us a new plate of wings about every 20 minutes, and well after 20 minutes, we were always hungry again.  We ended up eating all of their fried mushrooms and in the end we only left because of the mission curfew, it was great! The only problem is that the assistants and my companion decided to go and do their own party and neither one of them had internet… so no one could send me an Uber… we ended up waiting about a hour before they remembered to send us one!  Needless to say when we finally got to our house, it was super late… I probably got like 2-3 hours of sleep, it was amazing! I´m not even sure how I survived Tuesday on that much sleep, but I pulled it off! Hahaha.

Otherwise we didn´t really do much this week.  I had to put all the baptism records in the system this week so that kept me pretty busy.  Right now we are working hard with one of our golden investigators, his name is Alfredo, and we had a pretty fun experience with him this week. On Wednesday we went to visit him at work.  Afterwards he gave us a ride and asked us if we could help him bring some furniture to the house of one of his buddies.  Of course we said yes.  So after driving about 30 minutes we learned that we were headed to a whole different city that is close to Chihuahua.  Once we learned that we were going to be in the car for awhile we started teaching him about the book of Mormon.  He promptly asked me to tell him a brief summary of the book of Mormon.  I started to explain things to him and it went really well, but when I got to the middle of Alma, the truck slowly came to a halt and we learned that we were in the middle of nowhere without gas. I was thinking “dang this is going to be some sweet homecoming talk material” then right when I thought that it started pouring rain and then I thought “even better!” It was awesome! We were stranded for about 1 hour and a half! Then finally someone helped us and we got on our way.  We then dropped off the furniture and returned home at about 11:30, it was sweet! We were able to help out Alfredo a lot and we taught him every one of the lessons right down to the word of wisdom and law of chastity, super cool!

Well that was our week,

Con amor,

-- 
Elder Bunch
México Chihuahua Misión


Secretario Ejecutivo 

No comments:

Post a Comment