Sunday, April 1, 2018

Cuauhtemoc, Week 6

To the Maren’s friend Kaden called to my mission, I wish him good luck.  The odds are that he will arrive after I leave, but he is headed to quite the amazing mission! Well this week can basically be described as a week of theaters and musicals. And once again taking out my soprano talent! It was quite the surprise for all the missionaries especially the sister missionaries (it was awesome!).

Well before explaining my acting skills, I´ll start by explaining the work week. This week we unfortunately didn´t get mugged or fall into sewage rivers, but we did get caught in some nasty dust storms, which in reality are honestly the worst things in the world because literally no one lets you enter their house.  In the end it is understandable because when you open the door long enough to listen to the missionaries your house is now full of dust and dirt.  In the end most have decided to not let the two missionaries that look a lot like the friend of Charlie brown, pig pin, in their house.  The good part was that we relied on the members to do our work.  We have started to visit several and teach them how to be a member missionary and we have seen so many miracles.  We have seen just how many of the members here have actually baptized some of their best friends and most of the ex-missionaries here baptize their wives or the other way around! This branch is simply amazing and their desire to work with the missionaries is fantastic! The only thing is that the missionaries in the area just has to look for the right members! These past 2 weeks we have received around 20 references to put that in reference my previous zone combined in one month to receive around 15 references. I feel like I’m a missionary in Salt Lake City! It´s great, I never knew how the mission could be! 

Alright onto the theater, well to explain it better I’ll divide it into two parts, the theater and the musical.  The theater program was called "the Book of Mormon" it is very different from the anti-Mormon play made by the south park guys, so don´t get confused.  Anyways in this play in the beginning I was given the part of Igor, and I was the best Igor ever, so they decided to promoted me to Igor.... and then to a dog that chases the sinner! Best promotion ever!  Well the play centers around a youth that commits a sin (represented by a chair) and he can´t get out of it, he then starts to resort to several means of getting rid of his sin, including; a doctor, psychologist, mad doctor and “super cool” companion Igor, and some witches. In the end the missionaries find him and help him change. my job as the dog was to chase the missionaries off the stage (this actually happens a lot, dogs hate missionaries, true fact!), in the actual play I decided to spiff it up a bit and peed on the missionaries (true acting improve, I should apply for studio C), I know Mom would appreciate the in the moment additions. Anyways between my dog acting winning the hearts of the children, and my Igor acting as I got electrocuted winning the hearts of the adults, I am ready for a new career on Broadway! Well after the theater we began with the musical it was the same musical we did over in Del Norte. Not too much to update there, just a couple of duets and singing some awesome soprano notes to surprise all the members that Elder Bunch can do.

On Monday, or I guess today, we finally got to play soccer.  I played the first game and then afterwards they decided that if was just too good so they promoted me to “coach/ref”.  I channeled my talents from years of playing as defensive lacrosse captain, I yelled, intimidated the opposing team of youth, and we ended up victorious.  The other team taught me several swear words.  That´s called success! Even if I currently can´t talk...good times.

Well this week is going to be awesome! We are going to baptize a family of 3 that a guy from the United States gave a Book of Mormon.  He is heading down now from Wyoming and is super excited to baptize his friend...he wants us to teach this single mother and her 2 kids the law of chastity, personally I think he wants us to teach her about the aspect of eternal marriage and getting sealed in the temple...but those are just my thoughts haha.

Well that was our week here! Don´t do anything to exciting next week! and I’ll update you all on how the baptism goes!

p.s. i took a pic of one of the breakfasts we made, we have been eating well, I’m not sure where you found that marshmallow cream but that was some good stuff.
-- 

Con mucho amor,



Elder Bunch
México Chihuahua Misión
Cuauhtémoc

No comments:

Post a Comment