Saturday, April 14, 2018

Cuauhtemoc, Week 8

Well there isn´t too much to update this week besides general conference.  My companion was dying from his cold this entire week, and to sum it up, I have learned that it takes two oxen to lead a wagon, but if one of those oxen is half dead, and the other works super hard, he can literally drag the other one to have some success.  That basically sums up my week hahaha, A good miracle that we had was when we were knocking on doors, my companion had decided that he was angry that I wanted to knock on doors while he wanted to rest with the members like we had the other days, but I decided to find new people, so he sat behind a parked car while I worked.  It ended up being a cool experience because we found a youth that had been visited by the missionaries previously and had been waiting to talk to us again.  He let us right in and we talked and taught with him.  It was a good day and my companion got to rest a bit in the house of someone who is not an already active member haha. But that is just how the mission is at times, just means we have to work hard and even though at times we have trials in this life we just got to keep pushing until we win, and as with all obstacles we learn a little and get a little stronger every time. So even though in the mission we have hard companions at times we have to take the opportunity to learn and become better. Because as they said in Conference, we must learn to be meek and learn that everyone has something to teach us.

Well onto Conference, the changes were amazing.  I still am not sure what the new ministering program is, but I assume I’ll learn more about that when I get home.  In terms of the high priests and Elders quorums being merged, that sounds like a very efficient improvement, that will help everyone to learn together in an environment of knowledge and experiences and if everything goes well create a very efficient ward.  So that will be quite the interesting experience to see here in the mission and in the house afterwards. One of the talks that I thoroughly enjoyed was by the Elder Zivic from the Sunday morning session, about how our kayak often can´t be steered because we have a crack we can´t see. Here in the mission there are often times when one can´t see why they aren´t having success or they aren´t receiving an answer, and often it is because they aren´t being obedient with exactness or they have their mind focused on things that aren´t important, as well as several other problems that arise. All of which at times I have seen in myself, and after almost a year and a half of being a leader and missionary, I have seen it in others and have helped them repair their cracks. In the end the most efficient way to fix the spiritual cracks in our own lives is by simply asking God what are causing them and like the prophet said, God wants to talk to us, he wants to hear us, and he wants to help us to improve. Cool Talk.

Well it was great to know that everyone is improving in health, and that spring is in the air, and I’m glad that everything for school is in order so I can stop stressing over that as well hahaha.  Well my companion got over his cold, so this week should be a great week! and end of cycle!

con mucho amor,


Elder Bunch
México Chihuahua Misión
Cuauhtemoc

No comments:

Post a Comment