Saturday, April 14, 2018

Cuauhtemoc, Week 9





I´ll am waiting for someone to find those pictures of Maren and after her wisdom teeth, those will be worth gold pretty soon haha.  My classes in the school look pretty nice! Lots of science, math, and a bit of business to spice up life a little, it´s going to be a fun experience that is coming up fast! I only have 2.5 cycles left in the mission! That is crazy!  And in terms of the heat over there in Arizona, looks like we are both suffering with that, but it´s all good I can start to lose the thousands of tortillas (still counting but in my journal I’m around 2735ish) I’ve eaten by walking in the scorching heat.

Well this week was a bit crazy, but it was full of great experiences that ultimately ended with a baptism! Well I’m not sure I have commented it before hand, but I’m in charge of an Area called Anahuac where there are only sister missionaries right now.  This area has only been recently opened after 2 years (if you want to know why just google missionaries in Anahuac, Chihuahua, third result). Anyways the sister missionaries have finally prepared someone to be baptized this week. As their leader I was in charge of helping to prepare everything. Alright now to go into the step by step process.  First no one knows why but the water had been cut for the last 2 weeks, and well to save a long painful experience, the bathrooms were not the cleanest, best smelling thing that I have experienced in my mission. In reality it was probably the most potent smell that has every stained a church... Well we went with the man that is in charge of the building maintenance to Anahuac and we turned on the water and opened all the windows, the following day we returned with the Sister missionaries and about 4 gallons of cleaning liquids. We then spent the next couple of hours deep cleaning every aspect of this building. And we pulled it off! Although I now have great respect for the people that clean the portable bathrooms, that is something that I will never get into. After cleaning the building I did the baptism interview for the an investigator (Ruby).  Then we headed off to eat! Afterwards I contacted everyone in the zone trying to find baptism clothes and somehow there were no clothes in the entire zone... this was strange because our zone is baptizing more than any other zone, but hey I don´t judge haha. So in the end I had to use my recently gained taco money to buy a baptism dress, it´s alright though I consider that I’ll be blessed for the sacrifice haha. Big problem though is that we have a baptism planned that could result in more than 10 people being baptized at once!  Hopefully we can find some clothes by then haha. Alright on Saturday we arrived for the baptism along with half the zone, and the mission president! That was a surprise haha.  In the end it ended up going really well.  The water was warm and I didn´t mess up on the prayer, miracles happen haha.  Also, I learned how to play the EFY medley, which ended up being our special music number for the baptism, great times!

An interesting but cool experience occurred when we went to vist an investigator that we are preparing to be baptized in 2 weeks. We arrived, and we had planned to teach her about prophets (she came to conference), however when we arrived we started to talk and all of a sudden, she started asking us if she gets a divorce can she still get baptized. We were taken back a bit because she had never mentioned something like this to us.  We began to talk and explained that divorce should always be the last option and we started to identify what was the source of the problem. Anyways turns out she and her husband have tried to completely avoid each other for almost a year now due to differences in opinions and because the two of them have a lot of pride and don´t what to admit or accept the other´s point of view. We began to teach over the need of communication and something that we as missionaries do called a companionship “inventory” (horrible stuff but it works haha). That afternoon she and her spouse went off to a park and talked about all the problems they have, and so far it looks like it worked really well! We will see how everything goes with time, and we will try to teach the husband as well.

Oh almost forgot, changes came around, and nobody got changed.  The sister missionaries had one added on, but everyone else is the same. This was great news because our district and zone are strong! So it was a tiny miracle that we don´t have to start over from step 1 again.

Well that was our week, glad that everyone is doing well, and it was good to hear about everyone’s adventures! 

Con mucho amor,

-- 
Elder Bunch
México Chihuahua Misión
Cuauhtemoc

No comments:

Post a Comment