Sunday, April 1, 2018

Cuauhtemoc, Week 7

Well besides the super traumatic Goat birth at home, it sounds like you all had a pretty good week.  As a point of news, my leaving date has been confirmed, it is officialy the 24 of July.  Now that I am within 6 months my date is now official. I confirmed it with my president this last week during my monthly interview.  He also told me he is excited at the chance that we might move to Arizona (he is from Gilbert,AZ). So, I guess that is not new information but now it is confirmed information!

Alright, well by far the best part of this week was the baptism of the family of Claudia, Melissa, and Maria Ofelia. This was by far the strongest baptism I’ve had in my mission. This was true conversion and was a simply amazing trip of conversion! This week we showed up to teach them how to do a family home evening and to organize the last details for their baptism. When we arrived without even asking them they had all the people they wanted to talk at their baptism ready.  They had the hymns picked out and they even bought their own baptism clothes.  They had already invited all of their family members and friends to attend. We then had a super detailed Family home evening about the dream of Lehi, and it was no basic tree of life lesson, she made us literally dissect the entire thing and explain what everything represented and linking scriptures to the point that I learned several new things and I’ve been doing this family home evening with investigators for 20 months now haha.  We then  proceeded to make popcorn balls, and I got to show off my ability to mess up the entire kitchen within 5 minutes.  In the end it turned out well, and they enjoyed the fruit that is whiter and sweeter than anything else.

And like all baptisms, the day of the baptism was pure chaos. In the morning everything was calm, we got a few visits in, we started filling the fount.  We even got KFC for lunch so we were super good on time. However everything changed when we went to print out the programs.  My computer somehow ended up being the only one not connected to the printer by the time we finally got everything printed out and after paying double the amount of what I should, it was now about 4:30 (the baptism was at 5).  We then had to run back to the house to cut out the programs and to iron the baptism clothes, the iron decided to break in this exact moment and spewed out a ton of brown water staining everything, in this same moment my nail somehow ended splitting a bit, but somehow spewed blood all over to (it was literally a paper cut!   I have no idea how it happened.  Well we switched the clothes and took the other pair, un-ironed, and we arrived at 5 and only 1 family was there... luckily after about 15 minutes everyone had arrived (Mormon time will honestly be the death of me one of these days), in the end we had more people than space in the room and the family that got baptized felt a lot of support, love, and loved the experience even if the water was super cold and the smallest one started crying because of how cold it was (that just helps them remember it better) :). We also ended up using all the water in the church... it was alright though, it wasn´t my branches turn to clean the bathrooms. Yep good times.

Well it has also been confirmed that in this minute the plan is that I will spend my last 4 months here in the branch Cuauhtemoc! That was good news, this branch is super cool and we have started a major new program with the members becoming missionaries. Now every Sunday, when an investigator comes to church all the members come to greet them (sounds a little like the ward in Arizona), they have also started to put us in contact with all the neighbors and family members. If we keep going strong we will achieve the branch goal of one new member every week! Man I love missionary work!

Well that was our week here,

con mucho amor,


-- 
Elder Bunch
México Chihuahua Misión
Cuauhtemoc 

No comments:

Post a Comment