Sunday, April 22, 2018

Cuauhtemoc, Week 10

Well it is great to hear that the decision to move has finally been made.  In the end I’ve known for a while now, and it seems like everyone I’ve been talking to talk about how great Arizona is as a place to live.  It´s been cool though, my most recent convert visits Arizona 3 times a year and wants to enter the temple with me in one year. So that will be an awesome experience! I´ll also be down there when my mission president returns home to Arizona, so in the end I’ve felt it coming know for a while. Besides that, I look forward to my classes at USU, and I look forward to the challenge! it will be a busy year, but it´ll be a good year, and with my weekends more or less free I think it should all work out and allow me to have more or less social life. It sounds like everyone is doing good.  Maren is sending memes that I don´t understand, Nate is getting beautified, Ella has her horse, and Henry and Charlie are wimpy, yet sounds like everything is back to normal haha.

Well this has been one dramatic week here in my district that ultimately ended in changes for one of the missionaries within my district. Well let´s start at the beginning.  We know that the church is run on revelation, right? Well, whenever one gets changed to an area, part of the "fun" in that experience is to know why God wants you in that area. This week was one of those weeks.  We had some challenges with a companionship that led to their transfers despite trying to help.  We had the opportunity to work with each of them on their relationship and mission goals. It was needed because they have 11 investigators ready to be baptized.  Today arrived the new missionary, he is a super awesome missionary that has a lot of experience in the mission and will help a lot in the district, which is going to be necessary because our district has the goal of baptizing every week.  We are going strong!  Now we just need to keep it up! But yep in the end although it was hard to transfer someone I’m just glad that is was for the good of all and as long as the people here get baptized I’m happy haha.

Well the other more fun experience of this week happened today! I found a volleyball net and a grill while cleaning my house here, so... we organized a massive a volley BBQ with the zone. It ended up being super fun because we don´t do too much zone activities here and the zone was getting a little depressed with only writing every week. So, we decided to mix it up a bit. We charged everyone 50 pesos and we had a massive hamburger feast with cake! Everyone played volleyball while I cooked the burgers, that was a little sad, but that is what happens when you organize the event haha. 

Well that was my week, learning a little more about charity and ministering. The sister missionaries also dressed up the district with their respective personalities and style, i´ll send some pictures.

The mission is awesome! But the experiences are what makes it that great!

con mucho amor,

-- 
Elder Bunch
México Chihuahua Misión
Cuauhtemoc




No comments:

Post a Comment