Sunday, July 1, 2018

Reforma in Cuahtemoc, Week 2

Well to start out this week we saw a huge miracle! One of the biggest that I have seen since my changes, and that was Mexico beating Germany in the World Cup!  I think my presence somehow ended up blessing Mexico and allowed it to beat Germany hahaha. Do you remember the movie Rio or really any animated Mexican movie where they are always watching Soccer, well that basically sums up my life right now.  The people here let us in their houses often but right now if there is a soccer game on, they won`t let us share a message until the game is done, and well this global championship is going to last until I get home so we are going to have some interesting coming weeks.

Besides that, this new area has been great! In this last week I’ve probably had 5 people say no to our message when we contacted them, and well we had close to a hundred contacts so we`ve got a lot of people to visit! My mission son is super cool and super excited.  He contacts everyone and is good at teaching as well! He likes to mess with me a bit about my Spanish (like I mentioned in the last letter I understand about 50% of what he says), the good part is that the people understand me more than my companion so that helps me out a bit haha.  He is a good guy, he is my first companion that enjoys doing exercise.  So every morning we wake up a bit before 6:00 and go running up a mountain that is about 30 minutes away running, it has a cool lookout on top where you can see the entire town. It`s fantastic, my companion isn`t to use to running at high altitudes so he drags behind a bit but he works hard and doesn`t quit! We have been running with a little speaker in my hand listening to EFY songs, it`s a bit weird but fun!

This week was great but a bit hard in the end. We had 13 people prepared to go to the church after working the entire week, and well we got 3 that came and well they weren`t the 13 we had planned on attending.  I`ve seen that God likes to test us a bit before we achieve the great miracles, and if we keep working as we did this week we are going to see great miracles and great fruits even if I may not have the chance to see them, but right now the goal is to help E. Flores (my mission son) become the missionary that I have slowly become but a little quicker.  Hopefully this will happen so that he can achieve great things and have some fun experiences as well.

Today I taught the zone how to play ultimate frisbee, one of the best perks of the mission is that when you play a sport for the United States you don`t have to worry about being the worst, because with the knowledge of the sport you already have a head start and if all else fails you change the rules to your advantage and nobody knows. That is the perk when about 20% of the mission are white guys and the rest are Latinos!

Well that was our week here! Con mucho amor,
-- 
Elder Bunch
México Chihuahua Misión
Reforma

No comments:

Post a Comment