Sunday, July 15, 2018

Reforma in Cuahtemoc, Week 5


Well this week was just great! My new companion is a white guy that doesn´t know much Spanish and quite frankly is super goofy and well I’m goofy as well so we have fun together here in the desert of Chihuahua. He studied in Utah State for a semester and lived in the same building as Scott (one of my friends that Maren knows well). We basically just spend the days messing around talking to everyone and teaching just about every creature that moves (this includes animals, we have become quite the dog and cat whisperers recently, unfortunately they don´t count for too much besides buddies).  It is honestly just super fun every day, this poor elder just says the most awkward things to people sometimes and then I just break out laughing and the poor people just get creeped out. One of the most recent ones was when it was his turn to contact (we switch off so that I don´t do everything) and a guy and a girl were walking in front of us and so my comp contacted them by saying "good afternoon, I’m a missionary, can I marry you two?" they both turned super red, and told us to give them a bit to think about it and ran off quickly.  My comp turned to me asking what he did wrong, meanwhile I was laughing so hard and then explained what happened. Turns out he was going to try and tell them that their marriage could last for eternity. Unfortunately, that is not what came out... and that was just one of the daily experiences we have, best companion ever!

Another fun experience was that today I was going to go to Chihuahua to buy my suit. Due to leaving my zone I had to ask permission from President so I talked to him and everything went well and he told me that it was fine and thanks for notifying him. About 2 hours later at about 9:30 in the night he calls me again and asks me "Elder Bunch I trust in you a lot, do you trust in me?" and of course I told him yes, he then proceeded to ask me why half of the missionaries in Chihuahua were asking permission to go to the same place I was heading to. This was news to me and they were all using the excuse to buy socks or underwear, so something was clearly up. I later realized that last week I mentioned that I was planning to buy my suit today and well to put it in a humble way, I’m pretty well known here in the mission and this would be the last time many would see me so they all wanted to come haha. The mission has been a fun one and even though I’ve been blessed with a couple blessings, the thing I’m most proud of has been the chance to help those in my zones, my districts, and especially my companions.  And well a lot of the missionaries I’ve met wanted to group up one last time, but I guess today was not the day, maybe in the future or Facebook, everyone uses that here.

This week was pretty normal in terms of the great work, we are working hard to find the future baptisms here in Reforma and we´ve found several that although I might not get to see I will have joy having the first opportunity to find and meet them. Most people get a little nervous to speak to us and will speak in Spanish because they think that we don´t understand. In reality it is kinda like when the cleaning ladies would come or the sprinkler guys and would talk in Spanish so that one can´t understand. The only big flaw is that they don´t realize that I have 23 months here in Mexico and even though I have a weird Texan Mexican accent when I speak (I have no idea in the world how I got that, but I’m known for it), they learn very quickly that I know Spanish and those that talk bad about us or those that talk about how good we look both learn very quickly that gossips in Spanish doesn´t work and they blush pretty hard or get angry, it´s great! 

In reality the area is growing great, now that I have a companion that is very obedient and that tries his best to give everything we have starting to see miracles instantly, we have been blessed with references that want to get baptized, we find people in the roads that want to change they lives and accept baptism and the book of Mormon on the spot, it´s been great! I guess we shall have to see how these last two weeks go!

Con mucho amor,


Elder Bunch
México Chihuahua Misión
Reforma



No comments:

Post a Comment