Sunday, July 1, 2018

Reforma in Cuahtemoc, Week 3

Well the first thing I should say is in response to Caden´s worry about spicy food, well the best we I can put it is that he is going to learn to eat spice.  I don´t talk about it much because I’ve never had problems with spicy food, but to be clear the food here is judged delicious if it is spicy, and the more spicy, the more delicious it is. So be prepared when one comes to Chihuahua they should always carry a roll of toilet paper on them, and get used to standing up, because for the newbies it hurts to sit down. Well that´s your little tip on Chihuahua for today.  Well besides that it´s great to hear about the farewell of Carter! He´s going to have a great time on the mission and will return home a lot stronger for it. That is crazy that Keaton finished! Wow 2 years sure do pass by quickly (I feel weird thinking that 2 years have past...creepy). 

Well this week was great! We had a surprise baptism so that was pretty cool! It is a 15 yr old girl named Elizabeth.  She is from a remote mountain village where the missionaries can´t go, but luckily she moved over here and the missionaries before me were led to find her. We taught her a couple lessons and she realized that the church truly had the authority to baptize and that her baptism didn´t count.  She read the Book of Mormon and prayed and got her answer. Even though she has many friends who are against our church (gotta love those Christian pastors convincing their people the Mormons are the worst). But in the end, everything went well and she got baptized and confirmed! It was awesome! And she´s got a lot of friends and family members that have a whole new view on the church and have accepted for us to teach them, we should have some great coming weeks visiting them!

Another miracle, Mexico won against South Korea! For all those soccer fans out there, now that the United States didn´t qualify, I´ve had to shift my alliances.  Also for my personal health because quite frankly if I say anything against Mexico soccer, they will probably stone me. So go Mexico! 

Right now, in the area we´ve been finding lots of people but because of the other Christian pastors they don´t last too long.  On the bright side the weather is finally starting to enter the rainy season which means lots of fun in the rain and cool weather all day!  Everything starts to get super green, it is basically a paradise for one that walks all day in the sun, maybe not to find people... but we´ll just trust God on that one haha.

Well that was our week, Oh and I got the packages from you and Grandma Bunch, so I should be set for this next month! And that is too bad about the temple, but Wednesday sounds good as well, hopefully I can get set apart early then so we can have some fun when I get back haha.

Good to hear from you, have a great week,

con mucho amor

-- 
Elder Bunch
México Chihuahua Misión
Reforma


No comments:

Post a Comment